datsun 620 hayabusa swap

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So just continue doing what everyone else does. Problem solved.

Im definitely putting a 2JZ in my Civic now man, ya know cause its cheap power and its hella awesome.

Im gonna put one in everything!!!

YaaaY!!

Everything should have just came with a JZ stock, DUH..

well, thats one way to concede a point i guess

doing things differently is great, thing is you actually need to do it. not just hate everything and only talk about it. most of them you see on the internet amount to nothing, ive met a bunch of guys hating on this or that - theyre still dailying their civics and lancers and sentras years later. meanwhile the sheep are off having a blast cos thats all they really wanted in the first place

I dont actually need to do this, I HAVE done this. I have put all 3 engines in multiple MK3, 1,2JZ, and 7M. I have also put them in SC300, Cant say I have done a whole lot on a MK4 but its essentially the same as a MK4 chassis wise. Shit, I have even helped with 1JZ swaps into s13s. I speak from experience, not internet trolldom as you insinuate, which I do not appreciate.

And having a Civic has nothing do do with anything, its just more brand bashing, big surprise. I daily a Civic, Problem? I also build and work on Civics, and Supras, Nissans, Mazda, and other tuned cars, even the occasional Subie I will do some wrenching on for someone.

Sheep will always have fun being sheep, thats kind of the nature of being a sheep, so that wasnt really a good example. I dont care how much "fun" someone else is having to be quite frank. But I am glad they are having "fun", more power to them.

%90 of Corvette owners who go out to the track have "fun", of that I can guarantee you. We still pass them in Honda Civics and CRXs though.

hold up

so now you're actually the kind of person you dont like? having done multiple sheep conversions yourself?

whats going on man you've lost me

im not bashing brands... man i can see why you're bitter. you're really negative, i mentioned three cars as an example and you picked one you liked and said im hating on it? noones against you here man - i meant ordinary cars, good dailies, you know. the talkers seem to always be stuck with them while they work on projects you never see, while the mindless sheep have got theirs running and on the road. thats the jist of what i was on about. talk about taking things personally :lol:

you dont need to qualify yourself to me with what you've worked on

First rule of working on cars, you build and work on what people pay for. Second rule, Your friends, despite all your preaching, dont always feel the same as you.  I feel as stated, not everyone else does.

I dont really know any of these people that you are talking about who's projects I never see because they are talkers. I truly dont.

Ha, Actually to be honest, around here its the opposite, You see all these crazy built up cars like Evos, Supras, WRXs, Even the occasional skyline. And then you see the owner on the street driving their daily, usually a nasty looking compact car from the mid 90's where half the features inside it dont work anymore, and it has no AC but the windows only work half way. All cause they dont actually make enough money to support their car habbit.

Idk how it is in your neck of the woods, but those guys are definitely "living the dream".

OK!  Let's get's get back to basics!  The original post speculated on the real world chance of this transplant.  We. the whole #$*^ing world have pissed on his leg.  Enough of the [supposedly] who gives a [#$%] of this!  Let him get on with this transplant if he so desires and then if and when he reports back with a "told you so "or "oh sh%t," we can put a stake through the heart of this all altogethtertoo long flatulance!  Don't you really have something better to do?  Motorcycles and trucks are at the opposite end of the spectrum.  The only respectable motorcycle to car [not truck] transplants I have personally seen are the original JDM 1962 circa Honda sports car and the 500/600  series inports.  209 pges of uninformed farting is enough!

• Like 1

hellz yeah, When r we putting that 2J in your Starion Robert?

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrr!!  The starion guys who've swapped act all high and mighty about their JZ engines.  They talk so much shit about how unreliable the stock 4cyl is (it's quite strong, they're just extremely ignorant) and how much "better" their JZ swap is than anything else out there.  Then I find out they're not running front sway bars because it won't clear the pan, and a lot more weight is past the front axle... massive fail in my opinion, but I guess it works for them since all they're interested in is brag racing.

My friend did the very first JZ swap in a Starion 7 or 8 years ago, but he did it right by moving the firewall back... and then he wisened up and sold the engine shortly after it was running.  Fast forward 7 years later to last week, the kid he sold it to finally got it running in an e21 BMW. The kid is known to others as the "JZ lemming". He finds a picture of my car and tries to act like his JZ is indestructible and my engine is going to fail the next time it starts LOL.  I don't even know this kid yet he tries to talk shit about an engine he knows nothing about.  Turns out he knows absolutely no technical aspects of any engine, just repeats the garbage he hears from others.  After I showed him a couple google searches with the keywords "1jz rod knock, 1jz cracked piston, 1jz blown head gasket", he had nothing to say lol.

"sheep conversions" lol, nice term, it is very fitting for most of these people.

-Robert

• Like 1

OK!  Let's get's get back to basics!

this threads not going anywhere anyway ;) i think layz is mad

First rule of working on cars, you build and work on what people pay for. Second rule, Your friends, despite all your preaching, dont always feel the same as you. I feel as stated, not everyone else does.

when its for profit, yeah i see what you're getting at. its not for profit for me, that idea means nothing. didnt realise you're doing this for profit, given you are though i still dont see how youre hating the common swaps?

I dont really know any of these people that you are talking about who's projects I never see because they are talkers. I truly dont.

be glad :D theyre not pleasant. always going on about them, making all kinds of sweeping generalisations about other cars they dont know. very condescending, yet what they actually drive is underwhelming. theres a real lot of hate and i dont like being around that. im just saying theres no use being like that, hating things on principle or because of some uninformed perception you might have

Ha, Actually to be honest, around here its the opposite, You see all these crazy built up cars like Evos, Supras, WRXs, Even the occasional skyline. And then you see the owner on the street driving their daily, usually a nasty looking compact car from the mid 90's where half the features inside it dont work anymore, and it has no AC but the windows only work half way. All cause they dont actually make enough money to support their car habbit.

Idk how it is in your neck of the woods, but those guys are definitely "living the dream".

well i guess we differ in opinion on that one, its one thing to own something nice but if it only makes it outside 4 times a year i dont really see the point in talking it up. fair enough if its worth a few hundred grand or something, but garage swapped imports? why not just keep em on the road? fuel prices arent THAT bad

be glad :D theyre not pleasant. always going on about them, making all kinds of sweeping generalisations about other cars they dont know. very condescending, yet what they actually drive is underwhelming.

LOL... jokes. Cheers mate.

-Robert

this threads not going anywhere anyway ;) i think layz is mad

when its for profit, yeah i see what you're getting at. its not for profit for me, that idea means nothing. didnt realise you're doing this for profit, given you are though i still dont see how youre hating the common swaps?

be glad :D theyre not pleasant. always going on about them, making all kinds of sweeping generalisations about other cars they dont know. very condescending, yet what they actually drive is underwhelming. theres a real lot of hate and i dont like being around that. im just saying theres no use being like that, hating things on principle or because of some uninformed perception you might have

well i guess we differ in opinion on that one, its one thing to own something nice but if it only makes it outside 4 times a year i dont really see the point in talking it up. fair enough if its worth a few hundred grand or something, but garage swapped imports? why not just keep em on the road? fuel prices arent THAT bad

When you consider what you do to be an art, as anyone who builds cars should, looking at 2JZ and other "lemming" swaps is like looking at a modern art masterpiece that consists of a single line drawn on a piece of canvas. And the thing is that , just like in the art world, that is what gets popular, and then that is what Hack artists start doing, and then you have some of the modern art that exists today that sells for 7 million dollars all because some dingus drew a gold x on a canvas and called it art. While you have some genius insanely skilled and talented artists, whos work is considered passe, old world, and rubbish, and now they struggle to gt $1000 for a beautiful masterpiece landscape, or something of the such. You know what I mean.

Think about an art restorer in 50 years. Restoring or repairing a drawing of a red line. I guarantee he will hate his job that day, but its all worth it when someone brings him a DaVinci, or a Monet the next day. Thats why I can work on peoples stuff and dislike what it stands for.

does anyone else think that captain gamez needs a vacation .. every fucking thread your tearing shit down ..... nothin is good enough your the best we get ti it.....for fucks sake 5 pages of this thread is u flipping flopping back and forth with this project ..... for fucks sake will u just shut up and let the guy make a fucking decision ...fuck who cares if he wants to put a Volvo engine in ...at least he will be doing more work then u

• Like 1