datsun 620 hayabusa swap

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a race horse pulling a wagon. If you have to do this get a 210 or a 1200 something below a ton.....

It's a truck so everything will be heavy duty including the 10" brakes.. Cutting the frame is ill advised and one way. When this doesn't work the truck will be scrap. Start with a 1200 or B-210 something under 2,000 to begin with.

Best chance of success is to

Reduce weight dramatically. The more weight the more effort to move it and the gas used....  

This is do able, but results will be dissapointing I think and this is why I advise against it.

... As to a bike engine in a 620, it's ill conceived but anything is possible. Can you do it?... probably. Should you do it?... probably not. It's just too damn heavy.

Again not a heavy 620 but a 1200 without front fenders, hood or interior....

people like you (laotus) are the reason so many forums have bad reps.....this place is slowly turning into snobby stuck up hybridz with some clowns thinking they know better or why it cant happen because you cant think outside the box and dont have a creative bone in your body...magazine mechanic...

I think this is a really cool/different idea, many of you are bringing up valid points on what would need to be done for it to work. I say keep the unnecessary hating and childish comments to yourselves, he's just attempting to do something (to my knowledge) that's never been done before. Kudos to you man.

WOW ... there is some serious RATSUN hatred towards this guy and his idea for his truck.

I think that you are letting these negative comments from only one person...

just to make everyone happy

YOUR IDEA SUCKS! IT WILL NEVER BE STREET WORTHY< JUST RIDE THE BIKE AND DRIVE THE TRUCK. BETTER THAT THAN TO START ANOTHER PROJECT THAT WILL NEVER BE FINISHED.

there now K-trip can say "I told you so".  :poke:

Well at this point I say leave the poor 620 alone and stick to what you know... making douche-y cars even douchier.

It WOULD be cool IF it ever got built and WORKED properly.

.... overshadow all those who said...

I think it would he a blast but not sure about longevity or streetability. It would be fun to spin 14000 rpms in a 620 though!

I personally love this idea, ...

I say build it.

Just do it....

But i would like to see the build thread. :thumbup:

I say go for it, if anything it will spin tire like no other :lol:

... how about he just builds it... needs to shit or get off the pot.

If it's just doing it to do it... Do it

I'd like to see it done!

I think it would be worth it just for the sound.

I think this is a really cool/different idea, many of you are bringing up valid points on what would need to be done for it to work. I say keep the unnecessary hating and childish comments to yourselves, he's just attempting to do something (to my knowledge) that's never been done before. Kudos to you man.

The rest are certainly not hateful even if expressing slight negativity. In all cases I think skepticism is tempered with suggestions of how to get it right. I did say to forget it, but later posts are my opinions on what would probably needed to make it work and those that wouldn't. Overall it's more positive than outright negative. Caution should always be observed when trying something new. Too much positive could make you blind to that.

My statements about torque range and gearing were hoping to get the OP to at least consider those things.  Since he's likely been chased off at this point, not much help.

I see one of the suggestions was to use the motorcyle transmission and a car transmission in tandem, once again adding more weight.  But that's not he larger concern.

My question now would be, what direction does this engine turn?  I ask this because I've seen the stories of folks trying to adapt Honda engines into non-Hondas and suddenly finding out a little lesson in engine rotation.  Having multiple reverse gears and one forward gear probably isn't optimal.

But, as I said I don't know which direction this engine turns.

No hate, just skepticism... besides th' dildo comments... ok, ok I do hate Z-cars and really do think they embody the eighties dickweed image.

So now I'm an 80's dickweed. Well I guess I made it thru the punk ass 521 owner phase.

• Like 1

Oh so just cause I own a z I'm an 80's douche. I guess it's time to bust out the Ray Banz lol. Again LayZBoy just do it, if you can fix a New England z in two years and have it come out that clean i can keep the faith that you can pull this off

HEY!!!!    I still have Ray Bans. And yes I had them before all the little hipsters..