datsun 620 hayabusa swap

Nice z car, but seriously, wtf is that lighted dildo shift knob on there for? For fuck's sake.

Its a bubble shifter son, its what all the kool kids have. They are everywhere. 

Like I said, if you think you can do it even against what I only assume would have been the advice in this thread, just go for it. Itll either prove everyone right or youll prove yourself right and shut everyone up. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Layzboy saying procrastinate I thought rather humorous. Mentioning it wasn't intended to 'make you look bad'. 

This sounds bad...

And to the guy that said this project will never get finished i have only owned my z for under two years and have done more to it than 90% of datsun owners will do in their lifetime i dont procrastinate...

How can anyone take this statement seriously? As to a bike engine in a 620, it's ill conceived but anything is possible. Can you do it?... probably. Should you do it?... probably not. It's just too damn heavy.

How the hell does 1,300cc make 170 @ 3K???

Is this for real? Do hyabusha engines make this? Must be turbo or something. 170 torque @ 3K is about 97 HP.

Food for thought:  Take a look how long the build thread is for my KAZ24.  Granted, it's a bit more custom than an engine swap, but you'll run into the same kind of issues.  This won't fit, this needs to be modified, etc.  And that was with an engine that bolted right in.  That thread started in October of '10 and test drove in March '11.  Procrastination aside, that's also real world time since there's a full time 50+ hour per week job in there too.

I'm not claiming my fab skills are great.  They aren't.  So I had a lot of trips to a buddy who has better fab skills.  Regardless, anything that hasn't been done before will take a lot of effort, time, and you'd better stick with it or you'll get a shit box 620 at the end of it.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25243-kaz24-build-thread-compression-questions-cam-header-done/

I'd like to see it done! The weight issue really isn't one considering the amount of HP and TQ you're dropping in.  Sure, you might have to drop in different gearing to make it more streetable but I think a gear vendors w/reverse would take care of that.  It would certainly be faster and sound absolutely amazing.  I'd consider the swap in my 210 if it wasn't for my lack of funds and fabrication skills.

I took a 70 hp civic cx and swapped in a 170 hp B16A2 and that little commuter car that i was driving for 3 years suddenly turned into a tire smoking beast of a sleeper that still got 30 mpg(down from 50mpg). 

How is doing this swap a bad thing??  and why do you care???  what someone else does with their time/money(besides constructing doomsday devices) shouldn't concern you.....let alone work you up to the point of insults?   Get a life

How is doing this swap a bad thing??  and why do you care???  what someone else does with their time/money(besides constructing doomsday devices) shouldn't concern you.....let alone work you up to the point of insults?   Get a life

Fuck off. You really think the only people reading this are the ones posting.ANd show me where I insulted anyone.

just because you haven't done it or done it and failed doesn't mean he won't.  I'm glad that you've been doing something for 20 years but it still doesn't mean you've done it all or seen it all.  Support isn't putting your foot on someone's throat.  I'm just letting him know that building it and making it work and making it his own is what it's all about.

If everyone built the same thing the same way, we'd all be in a boring ass world.

Damn z, why so sensitive.

I just say show all the old guys because every time some one says "I want to swap x into x" there seems to be a general group who just says NOPE right off the bat. People have done rotary swaps and Honda k20 swaps, when it was said it wouldnt work, at one time the fj/ka/ca/sr swaps were considered crazy

I took a 70 hp civic cx and swapped in a 170 hp B16A2 and that little commuter car that i was driving for 3 years suddenly turned into a tire smoking beast of a sleeper that still got 30 mpg(down from 50mpg). 

I know this is kinda apples and oranges to this arguement but your post made me think of this bad ass sumbitch from last night..

Halloween2013060_zps1391dfdf.jpg

Halloween2013061_zps2e0e74f3.jpg

Holy shit birds this thing must be a handful

B)

I know this is kinda apples and oranges to this arguement but your post made me think of this bad ass sumbitch from last night..

Halloween2013060_zps1391dfdf.jpg

Halloween2013061_zps2e0e74f3.jpg

Holy shit birds this thing must be a handful

B)

One of my customer's has one of these but supercharged and converted to RWD.   A supercharged 300 hp vtec 2 feet behind your head is damn cool.