datsun 210 rb20det

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you blew up an A motor. 

You can't figure out what kind of suspension or brakes will fit or work on a 210. 

And, you want to put an RB20 into a 210. 

How? To all 3. 

A-series motors are pretty tough. 

Not many options for suspension or brakes. A quick search would've answered those for you. 

Where ya gonna put those extra 2 cylinders? 

You sitting in the back seat? 'Cuz that is where the shifter will be. 

Two words. Kay. Ay. 

Two more. Search. Box. 

• Like 2

At the top right of every page, just under the green 510 picture is the search function. Type in... 210 engine swaps. Start reading. Any questions write them down in a list and add these to the search. Wright down the most common answers. Now make an informed choice of which engine is the most likely one you can swap yourself. Keep in mind that exotic imported motors do not have parts available around the corner at NAPA while KA motors are in the junkyard by the thousands and there is great after market support not to mention swaps into other Datsuns are well documented. Will you be able to convert your 210 to EFI for a KA or will you choose a carb motor like an L series?

Type in 210 brake upgrades and start reading...

Type in 210 suspension upgrades and start reading...

• Like 1

What can i say, skys the limit

So cuting the front end nd making it into a.rollcage nd extend

everything 1"

Two extra cylinders are going to require more than extending everything 1 inch.

RB20

post-63092-12536919325757_thumb.jpg

post-63092-12536920234716_thumb.jpg

A series

EngineStand2.jpg

Fairlady z suspension

You probably you mean ZX struts. Z car springs will not fit the front of your car.

Well when i drop the rb im going legit all smogg legal nd im kewl with the reff ... in oxnard ca so im pretty sure he will pass me

The RB20 can never be legal, ever. There are no smog specs here in North America because it was never sold for use here. With no smog or emission standards it can't be passed. If that wasn't enough California rules are the most enforced and strict. Yes you can instal any motor but... if forced to take in for a snog check you will FAIL.

Research, research, research.

• Like 1

250$ for smog, im cuting the fire wall like on my miata... im re doing the front end so 300zx suspension

Ive been talking to to a shop called westcoast in oxnard nd there gonna so all my brakes.nd suspension for 200$ cant complain

Anything is possible ....

Like on the miata i extended everything nd i have a v8 supercharge in that bitch nd rhd, mama told me patience ...

It would b easier to drop. A ka,.... ?

well... good luck

250$ for smog, im cuting the fire wall like on my miata... im re doing the front end so 300zx suspension
Ive been talking to to a shop called westcoast in oxnard nd there gonna so all my brakes.nd suspension for 200$ cant complain
Anything is possible ....
Like on the miata i extended everything nd i have a v8 supercharge in that bitch nd rhd, mama told me patience ...
It would b easier to drop. A ka,.... ?

with that.

This thread is full of bullshit. You do not have a Miata supercharged v8 rhd. Do fucking hear what your saying? "And people want me to fix their Hondas" ... You're only Fixing Hondas but know how to do this massive rhd v8 supercharged Miata? ... Hm something isn't adding up.

I especially laughed wen you said "a KA would be easier" HAHAHAHAHA what? You're a clown.

Pics of this Miata with you next to it or I'm calling you a liar.

i blew the motor nd i wana go way bigger so i choosed rb20det i need help on everything, what suspension i can use... nd what rear brakes i can use, plz help

So cuting the front end nd making it into a.rollcage nd extend

everything 1"

Fairlady z suspension

Well when i drop the rb im going legit all smogg legal nd im kewl with the reff ... in oxnard ca so im pretty sure he will pass me

So pretty much im gonna remake the front end with stainless steal ,

If i can drop a v8 into a miata im pretty sure anything is possible

Blew the motor while i was going sideways in muhollen. Canyon

Yup.

I smell troll

Ha! You got called out by jalen. 

It's official!

You say if you can stuff a V8 in a Miata you can RB a 210...

No sweat. 

A V8 is the same length of 4cyl. Child's play. 

The RB is like 3 extra cylinders worth of length compared to an A. 

KA is smaller than an RB. Packs close to the same power. If not more. 

And damn near bolts in to the 210. 

Why derp up a perfectly good Datsun for a motor so not worthy. 

• Like 1