Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

Just got home from the movies seeing SpiderMan: Homecoming for the 2nd time. 

But is basically the same thing.

Of course it was the same...  Did someone tell you it would end differently the second time??

• Like 6
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something for you to think about, Especially if you were feeling all young and spry today.

Consider these facts:

1946, considered the year of the first Baby Boomers, is closer in time to the Gunfight at the OK Corral than to today.

1963 (“I Want to Hold Your Hand” released) is closer in time to the sinking of the Lusitania than to today.

1969 (the year of Woodstock) is closer in time to the first “talkie” movie, “The Jazz Singer”, than to today.

1955, (midpoint year of the Baby Boomers) is closer in time to the Spanish American War than to today.

1974 (Nixon resigns in the wake of the Watergate scandal) is closer in time to the Hindenburg Disaster than to today.
  • Like 2

I remember steam locomotives when they were common when Francis Gary Powers name was common, when tubeless tires were uncommon enough to be called tubeless, and I remember exactly where I was when Kennedy was shot.

• Like 1

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/glen-campbell-dead-at-81/ar-AApJyAK?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Farewell, Farewell Glen Campbell dead at 81

Campbell was born in 1936 in Billstown, Arkansas, the seventh son in a sharecropping family of 12 kids. "We used to watch TV by candlelight

In his youth, Campbell started playing guitar and became obsessed with jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt. He dropped out of school when he was 14 and moved to Wyoming with an uncle who was a musician, playing gigs together at rural bars. He soon moved to Los Angeles and by 1962 had solidified a spot in the Wrecking Crew, a group of session pros. In 1963 alone, he appeared on 586 cuts and countless more throughout the decade, including the Byrds' "Mr. Tambourine Man," Elvis Presley's "Viva Las Vegas,” Merle Haggard's "Mama Tried" and the Righteous Brothers' "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling

Glen Campbell, the indelible voice behind 21 Top 40 hits including "Rhinestone Cowboy," "Wichita Lineman" and "By the Time I Get to Phoenix," died Tuesday. He was 81. A rep for Universal Music Group, Campbell's record label, confirmed the singer's death to Rolling Stone. During a career that spanned six decades, Campbell sold over 45 million records. In 1968, one of his biggest years, he outsold the Beatles