Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fine

Well, usually when you tattoo you have to stretch the skin a bit and I wasn't too into my buddy holding my weiner so I decided I'd curtain off the room and do it myself.

Let's say it took me a good 5 minutes to gather the balls to do it, the entire time tears coming out of my eyes thinking about it.... and then actually doing it.

My buddy is giving me consoling words from the front desk, being supportive and such " you got this!" " you can do it"

Meanwhile I'm yelling and cursing back at him all these excuses why tattooing my dick is going to hurt

Not knowing that my girlfriends parents were in the waiting room with their youngest daughter to get her ears pierced since I worked there

Listening to the entire conversation

• Like 4

Nice work Hobo.

The last ink I got was my right knee. NBD because it's all organic human material. Easy 5 hour session. However, while I was there a dude came in for an appointment to get the Deathly Hallows triangle thing tattooed on his taint. He gave up about 10 seconds in. My artist and I were laughing so hard we had to take a break. (Aside: who do you show your taint to?)

I've got both knees, a forearm and a shoulder done. In June I'm doing my chest. So far they're all scar covers. Hands down the worst pain is the vibration going over my titanium parts that are securing through bone. The rest of it hasn't been as bad as my baseline pain in certain badly damaged parts of my body. So I can sit in the chair for hours telling jokes, and mouthing off because... I mean, why not?

The one on my forearm was only bad right on the tendons that operate the hand because they're so close to the surface at the wrist.

i think i'm gonna do something with my legs next. none of mine are visible when at work, i kinda like keeping to that. people start having preconceived notions when it comes to tattoos and i work around too many old timers. 

why anybody would get their taint done i have no idea that's just idiotic. 

• Like 1

I've got my entire left arm, ribs in both sides, chest, lower stomach, anchor on my ring finger, the Audi emblem on my side/hip, both thighs and legs, knees, and feet. When I'm wearing long sleeves, you can't even really tell I have tattoos except for a little that pokes out my left sleeve on the inside of my wrist.

I'd still like to get the Hawaiian flag on my lower back tramp stamp style. Always wanted it when I was growing up on Oahu.

True, I got my forearm done because people have preconceived notions about scars as well.

Same with the leg tattoos I have. I'd rather have ink that displays aspects of who I am, than scars that I had no control over. Very few people ask about my ink, and I brush it off as being ex-mil.

A lot more people asked me about my scarring.... or if they saw it they'd make the wrong assumptions... so this works much better.

I can't think on one thing I would put on myself. I can see in the future when coroners estimate a body's age by the quantity and style of tattoos. " She looks about 60-ish"  "Naw, judging by this tramp stamp, born after the turn of the century"

• Like 3

scarring is definitely more frowned upon than tattoos weirdly enough. but choosing what goes on ones body is always better than what other people decide to put there. i have a few that i'm not proud of and for that fact alone i keep them, and a couple, i don't think i want to tattoo over as they're on my forehead and eyebrow. 

i've debated getting a tramp stamp as well and have a friend that wanted to design it for me when i told her about it

scarring is definitely more frowned upon than tattoos weirdly enough. but choosing what goes on ones body is always better than what other people decide to put there. i have a few that i'm not proud of and for that fact alone i keep them, and a couple, i don't think i want to tattoo over as they're on my forehead and eyebrow. 

i've debated getting a tramp stamp as well and have a friend that wanted to design it for me when i told her about it

There's a stigma about tattoo locations as well. Honestly, fuck that. If you'd like a tattoo on your low back, get one. You do you.

I have four scars on my face from a dog bite. That's why I prefer a beard. The scars around my eyes and nose are pretty obviously from fighting. So, if someone really looks at me.. they'll know. I'd have to get the scar tissue there cut out, and nope, nope, nope. The four on my cheeks though... I used to get teased about bad as a kid. The scarring in my right cheek causes noticeable dimpling and an unsystemetric mouth movement. The Air Force wanted to fix it, but I told them no. If I'd had surgery to fix it when it happened it wouldn't be a big deal, but that was 30 years ago.

tell them to piss off or you'll give them one as well

or something

Nah, I just make very solid eye contact and wait for them to look away when I see that smug look. When you get stared down by someone you assumed was weaker than you because you thought they'd slashed a wrist, just to find out they can stand you down without saying shit... you'll never call them on it.

I used to have to do that at work a lot after I got back into the civilian job market in an office where I couldn't wear a watch over it.

are you guys talking about scaring as in " body mod " scarification?

No.

I'm medically retired out of the military and the police. I grew up in difficult circumstances, to put it mildly. None of my scarring occurred with my consent.

• Like 2

I've got my entire left arm, ribs in both sides, chest, lower stomach, anchor on my ring finger, the Audi emblem on my side/hip, both thighs and legs, knees, and feet. When I'm wearing long sleeves, you can't even really tell I have tattoos except for a little that pokes out my left sleeve on the inside of my wrist.

I'd still like to get the Hawaiian flag on my lower back tramp stamp style. Always wanted it when I was growing up on Oahu.

Kingdom or State?