Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

noticed the rear shocks on the Datsun had died a few weeks back so I pulled them off, dug the 2009 lifetime warranty receipt out, called O'Reilly's to make sure they had Monroe 31000s in stock and went to pick them up.

they swapped 'em out for free with no problem + I bought a set for the Camaro. I hadn't purchased shocks in a while and noticed the boxes looked extra long. when did they start selling them fully extended? I kinda liked hanging them on the top bolt, cutting the white plastic retaining strap and then trying to push the bottom mount on just as the shock hit the right length.

• Like 6
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

noticed the rear shocks on the Datsun had died a few weeks back so I pulled them off, dug the 2009 lifetime warranty receipt out, called O'Reilly's to make sure they had Monroe 31000s in stock and went to pick them up.

they swapped 'em out for free with no problem + I bought a set for the Camaro. I hadn't purchased shocks in a while and noticed the boxes looked extra long. when did they start selling them fully extended? I kinda liked hanging them on the top bolt, cutting the white plastic retaining strap and then trying to push the bottom mount on just as the shock hit the right length.

Nice.

I have always owned multiple cars and pickups, and have played the lifetime warranty thing. Bought batteries, shocks, alternators, starters. A regional chain called Al's Auto Supply.

The lifetime warranties outlived the store.

• Like 3

Take and put two small bolts on the top end of either side. Make sure they are seated firmly. At this point find a decent power cord, cut off the female end, now crimp on two aligator clips to the now exposed.........

I heard somewhere that this method brought something back to life.

Take and put two small bolts on the top end of either side. Make sure they are seated firmly. At this point find a decent power cord, cut off the female end, now crimp on two aligator clips to the now exposed.........

I heard somewhere that this method brought something back to life.

50 foot extension cord.

2 pieces of rebar, about 3 feet long.

Container with lid.

Poke small holes in lid with an awl.

Remove the female plug from the cord. Strip the jacket back, separate the leads. Ignore the ground lead. Attach each of the hot leads to a 3 foot piece of rebar driven into the ground about 20 feet apart.

Plug it in.

Collect the nightcrawlers that come out of the now energized ground. Place in the container with holes in the lid.

Unplug cord.

Go fishing.

Forget the phone.

• Like 3

50 foot extension cord.

2 pieces of rebar, about 3 feet long.

Container with lid.

Poke small holes in lid with an awl.

Remove the female plug from the cord. Strip the jacket back, separate the leads. Ignore the ground lead. Attach each of the hot leads to a 3 foot piece of rebar driven into the ground about 20 feet apart.

Plug it in.

Collect the nightcrawlers that come out of the now energized ground. Place in the container with holes in the lid.

Unplug cord.

Go fishing.

Forget the phone.

I appreciate the sentiment, but it's fairly necessary for work.  I mean, it's not like I have many friends anyways :rofl:

• Like 2

Less than a year and a half...year and five months. Wasn't physically damaged at all, just froze then never turned on again. Google is sending me a refurb at no cost...

Ah righty,I've only ever had Samsung or Apple as far as smartphones go.

Aside from the first one - iPhone4 that I dropped on a stone walk path at a relatives place never had anything happen negative with either models but prefer Android cause of the expandable memory option.

Glad you're getting a replacement. 

Yeah, I know Apple makes a fairly good/robust product, but I hate their iOS.  I feel like I'm playing with Duplo on an iphone.  Unfortunately, the Nexus 5X doesn't have memory expansion, but it's not a super expensive phone either.  The plan I'm on is also only $20/mo for unlimited talk/text, and $10/gig data charged by the megabyte, with no penalties or overages.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know Apple makes a fairly good/robust product, but I hate their iOS.  I feel like I'm playing with Duplo on an iphone.  Unfortunately, the Nexus 5X doesn't have memory expansion, but it's not a super expensive phone either.  The plan I'm on is also only $20/mo for unlimited talk/text, and $10/gig data charged by the megabyte, with no penalties or overages.

Yeah,the apple phones can be ok and functional but even with my preference for android,I am not a fanatical fanboi for them and not a massive hater for apple. 

Of course,the specs on various models (as with most things in life) all depends on the $$ you pay. 

Started with the Samsung S1 switched out for a S5...though I would wait 5 years again, but Verizon offered a free 50 Smart TV and a virtual headset with S7 edge new customers...

Have the S7 edge (4 of em in fam), couldn't be happier. Best Samsung S phone by a mile and Verizon has been great.

• Like 1

I appreciate the sentiment, but it's fairly necessary for work.  I mean, it's not like I have many friends anyways :rofl:

Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

30042224876_95a2c2dd20.jpg

• Like 1

Started with the Samsung S1 switched out for a S5...though I would wait 5 years again, but Verizon offered a free 50 Smart TV and a virtual headset with S7 edge new customers...

Have the S7 edge (4 of em in fam), couldn't be happier. Best Samsung S phone by a mile and Verizon has been great.

I am using a S5 that I've had for 2 and a half years and it's still working fine but have been holding off on what to do upgrade wise kind of cause it feels like upgrading for the sake of it. 

I'd rather be driving a Datsun.

Dcg65zh.gif

I am using a S5 that I've had for 2 and a half years and it's still working fine but have been holding off on what to do upgrade wise kind of cause it feels like upgrading for the sake of it. 

I've got an S5 too. It's really slow these days... I'll probably end up with a Note4/5 next. I buy all my phones used so I can keep my grandfathered in data plan. 

• Like 1

Wanna tell you a story
'Bout a woman I know
When it comes to lovin'
Oh she steals the show
She ain't exactly pretty
Ain't exactly small
Forty-two, thirty-nine, fifty-six
You could say she's got it all

Never had a woman
Never had a woman like you
Doing all the things
Doing all the things you do
Ain't no fairy story
Ain't no skin and bone
But you give it all you got
Weighing in at nineteen stone

I've got an S5 too. It's really slow these days... I'll probably end up with a Note4/5 next. I buy all my phones used so I can keep my grandfathered in data plan. 

My S5 is still going ok in general but I have stripped out as much bloatware as possible and run basic apps I want not add any extra shit to weigh it down and I have a sim only plan with unlimited calls and txt in AUS and then 12 GB per mth data for $36.36 AUD per mth so will be looking to buy an outright phone when the S5 is not working right or dies.

• Like 1