Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The van was rockin'. High tide and wind driven waves all the way from Vancouver all the way up the Georgia Straight right at us. 84 miles, I looked it up. In addition to the spray was wind driven foam like St Bernard spittle. We were on the Goose Spit, a 100 ft wide sand spit about 700 meter long  with paved road on it. Spray blew right over into the harbor on the lee side where the kite surfers were carving the water. How high can they jump anyway? Looked like 4-5 times their body height. 30 feet??? possible??? 

Growing up in San Diego, we didn't get much of that weather stuff. Once and a very long while we'd get a pussy tropical storm that'd dump a bunch of rain, but nothing too exciting. One year my family took a trip up North to Banff during Thanksgiving break. Coming across the Columbia river, there was a honk'n ass storm with some serious pissed off wind and rain. We were in a beat up 57 Dodge camper with a sloppy steering box, and no shocks to speak of. Coming back out the mouth of the river on the Northern side was terrifying. The windshield wipers were all but useless, and every time the truck got hit broad side with the wind it would lurch and keel over like a sailboat. My mom screaming at my dad to pull over and stop, but dude thought he was captan Ahab at the wheel. Fucking shit like that leaves scars.

• Like 5

"I love it when I'm driving and the wind is pushing my vehicles around" said the butch Hobo. Although I'm no expert, I don't think being exposed during a furious storm at the mouth of the Columbia, and riding blind in the back of an old camper is the same thing you're talking about. No, there was nothing fun or interesting about that.

"I love it when I'm driving and the wind is pushing my vehicles around" said the butch Hobo. Although I'm no expert, I don't think being exposed during a furious storm at the mouth of the Columbia, and riding blind in the back of an old camper is the same thing you're talking about. No, there was nothing fun or interesting about that.

no, not the same thing, but knowing the childhood i had and my brother, it probably would've been even more interesting

and i'm actually rather fem, ask anybody that has met me and been around me for extended periods of time

no, not the same thing, but knowing the childhood i had and my brother, it probably would've been even more interesting

and i'm actually rather fem, ask anybody that has met me and been around me for extended periods of time

True that hobo. Being fem, or butch has nothing to do with fearlessness. My brothers and I were absolutely terrified, so I guess that makes me pretty macho right.  :D