Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Old Testament history. 

I just don't get it and I am not going to abandon my critical thinking faculties (which are God given I might add) all in service of  "faith".

What do I have in common with some 2000 year old, bronze age, thick lipped, splay toothed goat herders from the middle east?

I'm not some hick that's gonna be wowed by tales of a bush that burns but doesn't burn out, people who live in the stomachs of whales, people who lived to be hundreds of years old and other such fairy tales.

Yeah I get it, there is a space in the human psyche that needs to connect with others in a supernatural way, but to double and triple down on unprovable specious reasoning is not just lunacy, it's dangerous...

I'm proudly Christian. I do believe in scripture and prophets and a God who has bigger plans for all of us than the shit storm that is often this life.

I also believe thar God makes the most sense as a scientist not a magician. I believe that science doesnt make it less clear there is a God, but let's us see little by little more of how he actually functions.

I also believe in respecting the fact that others think differently, regardless of my opinion of those beliefs. You don't have to like us Christians, but you don't have to be bastards just because you don't understand the belief. Feel free to think flat worlders and other extremists are crazy, but we're not all like that.

• Like 3

I'm proudly Christian. I do believe in scripture and prophets and a God who has bigger plans for all of us than the shit storm that is often this life.

I also believe thar God makes the most sense as a scientist not a magician. I believe that science doesnt make it less clear there is a God, but let's us see little by little more of how he actually functions.

I also believe in respecting the fact that others think differently, regardless of my opinion of those beliefs. You don't have to like us Christians, but you don't have to be bastards just because you don't understand the belief. Feel free to think flat worlders and other extremists are crazy, but we're not all like that.

We have more in common that you might think, but I do not believe that God pays special attention to me at all times (as some preachers I have heard would have me believe).

This screams to me of a lack of humility, which I was under the impression is a value that Christians profess to hold closely to.

"shit storm of life"? I can't speak for anyone else but if I have a full stomach and a roof over my head, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT but it did take a while to get to this point.

I think there is something about this in the Book of Paul , " Be content with little" or something to that effect.

Christian religion and science are mostly incompatible as they are number one, separated in their development by 1500 years, they are two completely different contexts.

Science is a way of explaining the universe in words we can understand and religion (magic) is speaking to the universe in language it cannot ignore.

Where I have issues with Christianity Inc. (other than the apostasy of it being under the auspices of a wealthy right wing with a political agenda) is the fact of where it all leads.

Here are two words as to where total subservience to someone else's idea of God leads ends up; Warren Jeffs...

...or to a lesser extent the Catholic sex scandal.

Yes I know "they're not the true religions etc." but they were reading the same Bible, feeding from the same trough as it were.

FYI, you know that section in Leviticus which tells us what is allowed in terms of sexual behavior?

Do you know what is not in there as a prohibition? Sexual relations with children! Go and check it is glaring in its' omission!

Does this mean God loves kiddie diddlers?  It would certainly seem to lend the credence to the two above church scandals as being Biblically supported!

I am glad to hear from a centrist as it seems that only the extremists are getting the press these days.

Thanks.

I firmly agree that there are major issues in religion. This is why I believe it is up to each individual to take what they learn, then ask God personally if that is the truth as he would have us know it. Organizations are built out of people, who get things wrong no matter how hard they try. So the last line of defense against religious stupidity is the individual. Free thought and intelligence should never be sacrificed in order to "follow god". He never asked for that. He didn't ask blind sheep. He gave us reasoning to USE, and that includes being used with regard to the word of God.

I'll leave it at that here. I have no desire to have a big theological discussion in daily randomness. If any one would like to continue the discussion or ask me any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to discuss anything you would like.

In closing, back to the Randomness! Off-road S14, the rocket buggy.

• Like 1

the bible is a story

sto·ry1
ˈstôrē/
noun
noun: story; plural noun: stories
  1. 1.
    an account of imaginary or real people and events told for entertainment.

...and your life is real?

Hey, I become pretty good at trolling since Ratsun came into my life

Most who reject religion, actually have a problem with organizations. And an organization that threatens eternal dam nation to non-believers/followers is a scary entity when you consider the corruption of power combined with power of fear. I personally take no issue to most religions at face value. I take issue with practices aimed at "saving souls" (recruitment), and asking for money. This began because scripture was kept in ancient script and people were largely illiterate. These days, people can worship in their own home. Spend their money toward actual godly acts. Reject the institution of church that basically all holy figures would have rejected in their day. So from this guy: worship your god, follow the moral code within as it likely aligns with your religion, and fuck anyone telling you they represent your beliefs and will lead you to the afterlife. Cause I guarantee that guy doesnt sleep well.

• Like 3

Forced religion is child abuse, spoon feeding the next generation bullshit fables that were written to control the weak minded 1700, 1300, or 5000 years ago should be globally banned. Teach kids about right and wrong and to be good people not if you are bad you will go to hell (oh wait you just have to say you are sorry and then you get to go to heaven )

Religion itself is our main problem (well besides overpopulation) these days, to many differences and judgements are formed based on which branch of brainwashing you received as a child, whoever didn't drink the same kool-aid as you must be wrong or evil.

Forced religion is child abuse, spoon feeding the next generation bullshit fables that were written to control the weak minded 1700, 1300, or 5000 years ago should be globally banned. Teach kids about right and wrong and to be good people not if you are bad you will go to hell (oh wait you just have to say you are sorry and then you get to go to heaven )

Religion itself is our main problem (well besides overpopulation) these days, to many differences and judgements are formed based on which branch of brainwashing you received as a child, whoever didn't drink the same kool-aid as you must be wrong or evil.

no, my president says the only thing we have to fear is climate change. and maybe confederate flags.

• Like 2

Most who reject religion, actually have a problem with organizations. And an organization that threatens eternal dam nation to non-believers/followers is a scary entity when you consider the corruption of power combined with power of fear. I personally take no issue to most religions at face value. I take issue with practices aimed at "saving souls" (recruitment), and asking for money. This began because scripture was kept in ancient script and people were largely illiterate. These days, people can worship in their own home. Spend their money toward actual godly acts. Reject the institution of church that basically all holy figures would have rejected in their day. So from this guy: worship your god, follow the moral code within as it likely aligns with your religion, and fuck anyone telling you they represent your beliefs and will lead you to the afterlife. Cause I guarantee that guy doesnt sleep well.

Amen brother, my church is my family, I believe in God, not the way religions want to shove it down our throats, imho, all religions have it wrong.

• Like 1

“Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?”

They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. 10 Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”

11 “No, Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

Encourage, not condemn

• Like 1