Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what the exact income or size a business needs to be for them to just blatantly steal money from your bank account and be safe from any legal recourse. I have had Sirius satellite radio for many years, I had always paid for my subscription annually, they send me a bill in the mail and I pay it, worked fine. Last year around this time, I had the bright idea that I should start doing most of my bills with automatic withdraw, car insurance, house, all that kind of stuff. I figured I would do the same with Sirius and have them just pull out the monthly fee. 

A couple months ago, I am looking at my bank statement and Sirius is pulling out just pretty much whatever in the fuck the feel like at random times. Now, this bill is supposed to be like 14 bucks a month or some shit. But I see 40 bucks and change, then a few days later, 60 some bucks, then 192 bucks, then 12, then 80, on and on and just at random. So, naturally I call them to find out what the fuck, I of course get someone in India. This person first tells me he sees none of that going on, then when I start reading him the charges by date and amount, he suddenly sees them. 

Now, here is the super neat part, they won't refund my money, but can give me credit toward future bills. Alright, well remove my auto withdraw thing and I will go back to paying how I did before. Okay, done. NO, no it's not. They continue to charge my account again,in the same way. Not only this, then send me a letter saying I need to pay or have my service shut off. I of course, do not pay, because I am paid up for like the next 7 years at this point. The fuckers shut off my radio. 

This battle goes on and on of trying to get something done. So I go to my bank, tell them the whole deal, which I should have just done to start with. I filled out a bunch of paper work, got SOME of my money back. Then, surprise...new charges from Sirius, still no functioning radio. Well, fuck all this shit, I call my bank and tell them to cancel my card because it has been stolen. Boom, shuts off everything. They send me a new card, I give my new card to the insurance and other people who have not been stealing money from me and all is taken care of.

I still get at least 3 phone calls a week from Sirius and still get bills in the mail from them saying they are going to shut off my subscription, yeah, the one that was shut off long ago. So just out of curiosity, I do a search to see if this has happened to anyone else. Holy shit, they are doing it to thousands and thousands of people, just taking money as they feel like it.

How fuckin fast would any of us get tossed in jail for similar actions I wonder. But oh, not a big company, they are just fine doing whatever. Jerkoffs.

• Like 1

The dickheads at comcast keep calling me about some stupid bill.

Funny you mention that......Comcast just sent me to collections for equipment they picked up 7 months ago.....WTF??

On the same day I got that letter.......there was an offer for their Triple Play addressed to me......fuckin' morons!!

• Like 1

Could be me just being cynical, but I have a pretty difficult time believing that all of the "whoops, sorry we messed up your payment" of many of these big corporation is nothing more than poor accounting. If you were to stop and figure out how many people get billed twice, over billed and pay for services they do not get but do not ever notice, just think about how much money that is when all combined at the end of the month. Credit card companies used to do this thing where they would hold onto your payment (that was made on time) until it was late, then double your interest due to it being a late payment. They got nailed doing that, so I think it's a thing of the past now, but it shows what they are purposely "up to".

Speaking of billing and being a dissatisfied customer...

I got harassed by Dish Network because I dropped their sorry asses for constantly going up on my bill while constantly dropping channels. I had been done with the original two year contract for at least three years, yet these assholes insisted I breached the damn contract. But nevermind how they breached theirs with me... I originally paid $50 per month for 300 channels, now I paid over $80 for less than 200, most of which were junk like Mexican or shopping... HELL NO! So I returned their DVR and two receivers, and the dish parts. No breach on my end. But they insisted I owed them $150 for early termination? Fuck off! They kept calling until I blocked their number, sent it to collections, etc, and adding more fees and bullshit until it reached over $500.  Then they started sending threatening letters. Anyway, long story short, hadn't heard anything for about six months until yesterday's mail arrived in the afternoon. Now they will "settle" with me for $300. FUCK YOU! :fu:

No wonder Dish Network got ranked number one for worst customer satisfaction! And the sad thing is my only legal right is to complain? WTF?! :confused:

I reported them to BBB and Attorney General, that did absolutely nothing.

And while I am complaining and ranting... there is the injury I gave myself yesterday. No idea what that urgent care doctor visit totaled up to, but guess who's paying 100% of it... ME thanks to Mr Obummer since his goddamned unaffordable healthcare act went into effect which caused my wife's union provided family healthcare plan to get dropped to employees only, I and my daughter now have NO insurance. And the bullshit the government offers is $400 per damned month which I can't afford!  And after it took me a damn year to find work again, all I can get is part time, yet jobs only offer healthcare to full time employees. So not only do I have to pay all our medical bills, I have to pay a fucking fine of almost $100? Once again, the US government serving it's people by screwing them over. Fuck America! I wish I could afford to move away from here. And I mean tht sincerely. I threw away the American flag I once flew outside a couple of months ago.

Oh, dish is a fuckin nightmare. At what point is it not considered extortion to tell someone to pay x amount (that you don't owe) or we will fuck your shit up by turning you into collection and messing with your credit score? Try that shit on your own and see how well it works out for you, pick someone at random and tell them you will mess up their credit if they don't hand you over x amount of money. Yeah, I'll see you in 6 to 8 months. Being a huge conglomerate pretty much makes you free from any repercussions that may actually matter. Try selling a product out of your garage that kills 13 people, that you KNEW could happen, lets see what happens to you. Do that in a billion dollar operation and it's "under investigation" where you may or may not end up with a fine that will equal the equivalent to what you net in a day.

Here is something, when you steal satellite signal, how can they prosecute you? The shit is being beamed onto your property, what if you decided to sue them for sending a signal to your property that you do not want there? You would be laughed at. It's like claiming ownership to the air you breath. That's actually a good idea, I'm going to buy air, all the air. If you don't pay me 150 a month for the right to breath, we will remove your air. We then have to act fast to send your corps to collections and drain your bank account for what you owe, plus an air removal fee.

What's odd is that with things like Roku out, you would THINK the price of sat tv would go down a little, but nope. My sat bill is way the fuck out of line (like a 150 a month) I am currently working on dumping it, most of the shows that I watch are available other ways. 

A word made up by the Frenchman a.r.j Turgot and made popular by Karl Marx when he threw an ism on the end of it. Other than that, it's a bit of an imaginary concept. I personally am pushing for easterbunnyism as a way of life, but it does not seem to be getting much traction.