72.5 datsun 620 project lucy

mikeanike99

Are you talking about the "glass run channel"?  I got mine from Summit Racing.  Part number: IS-GR-17.  It's not specifically for the Datsun, but it's the correct shape and "cut-to-fit length".... I haven't installed it yet, but it was the best and least expensive option I could find.

**EDITED**

There is also this on eBay from siam_motorsparts1982:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221380928910?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2661

• Like 1
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the "glass run channel"? I got mine from Summit Racing. Part number: IS-GR-17. It's not specifically for the Datsun, but it's the correct shape and "cut-to-fit length".... I haven't installed it yet, but it was the best and least expensive option I could find.

Ok let me know how well that fits,

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man , just read thru your post . Props to your family for leading you into a great first rig , the fact your 15 and rockin a 620 ! Nice !

This is a rig you can learn a lot about basic mechanics. And that's when the fun will start,you will wish you had 10 of them, just so you can make them all different.

Glad to see you didn't go with the flatbed,but I have see alot of cool things that don't sound normal. I think any direction you take it will be fun in the end.

10 months will fly by can't wait to see where you take it .

I suggest to remove the oilpan (you can also clean out any dirt that are in there) - but on new seal and retighten. Works better than tightening the polts. I think the seal doesn't cost anything. 

Check to see if your rear main seal is leaking too.  Mine is both the pan and rear main seal. 

It doesn't look to difficult to just pull the trans, drop the pan and do both at the same time.  Clutch too while I'm at it....  I hate doing things twice, so it would bother me to put a new pan gasket on, only to find out I've got to remove it to fix a rear main seal leak.

I found out that my heater works, but the low setting doesn't the high setting does

Your talking about the fan, correct?   Clean all your electrical connections and then check the relay (link below).  The relay in my '73 is on the passenger inner fender near the hood hinge.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/58498-how-to-repair-your-relays/