72.5 datsun 620 project lucy

mikeanike99

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crank up them torsion bars! Instead of turning a notch down for lowering, turn them up 1 or 2.

Maybe find some heavier duty 24mm bars from an early 720 or if your lucky find a set of Nissan 26mm heavy Duty bars.

Also the Nismo bars I put on my truck were likely meant to be an offRoad accessory originally.

The rear is pretty high stock, do you want it taller too? That might require, a spring over conversion, re-arching or maybe just new leafs and shackles. You probably wouldn't get into driveline problems? But it all depends...

Wheels and tires would be easier to find used. I see a lot more 6lug Chevy stuff with big tires for sale than low profile truck stuff.

Yeah I wan to have a high but soft rear end was thinking softer springs with the axle under them instead of above (would need help to fab mounts)

And I was thinking rally's would look cool with a baja and how much fab work would be needed to fit the nismo bars in you truck the thread was confusing to me

Prerunners are easy to make especially when your making a daily. Like GRpufnstuf said crank up your torsion bars to the max.

But I would go with the axel under the leaf, you can get axel relocation plates from almost nothing . ( I can get them locally at kneckts 20 for the pair.

And if you really want height and cheap..? Throw a 2 or 3 inch body lift in the mix.. a uni one is pretty cheap .

That would get your clearance up pretty quik..I am sure someone on here has done it .

Yeah I wan to have a high but soft rear end was thinking softer springs with the axle under them instead of above (would need help to fab mounts)

And I was thinking rally's would look cool with a baja and how much fab work would be needed to fit the nismo bars in you truck the thread was confusing to me

LOL, I'm sure my thread was confusing, because I was confused!

I really only ended up modding the exhaust and then mounting the bars with the adjuster tubes at the front.

I also had to put about 5mm worth of washers in the factory frame adjusters to space these slightly shorter bars a little forward. Just wanted to be sure I had all the engagement possible at the LCA splines up front.

Jacob has a 3 inch body lift on his other truck but i want real lift not a body lift also what should I do with fenders and I want to put my axle under my leafs for that added height that should be enough height I want decent height while having really soft suspension

ya i think a spring over would work well. crank up the torsions. 4 link isnt easy. gotta be able to weld pretty well. a prerunner would be sweet though. unique unlike all us "in the dirt" guys :thumbup:

It's always been my dream to have a prerunner that's why I decided to make my truck a prerunner and I can wield pretty well but probably not good enough I will do a spring over in the back and torsion in the front could use some help tough probably Jacob can help me with most if it

Gonna pull my axle tomorrow and get the perches cut off then gonna get them welded back on on the top I'm hoping this wont put my truck up to High in the back I am gonna raise my front up with torsions and reindex them 2 maybe 3 clicks depending on how high the back will be I'm trying to aim for a somewhat high truck with super soft suspension hopefully my small l16 will be able to handle bigger tires wanting to put some rally's on it and a tire size in the 28 to 32 range my plans are starting to come together with this thing

Should I cut my fenders in the front?

• 3 weeks later...