72.5 datsun 620 project lucy

mikeanike99

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put my shackles in. Check some wiring by my battery everything is fine got all the lights and stuff working but starter just clicks. Tried hitting it with a piece of wood nothing, does this mean I need a new starter?

And how big exhaust do y'all recommend for a L16 (I want it to sound deep and somewhat loud) any suggestions? Also what muffler is a good choice?

1.75" exhaust is as big as an L16 needs.  More than that and you loose your low end torque.  2" max.  I'm running 2" on my L20B and it pulls hard down low and up high.  Walker Dynomax mufflers are usually pretty deep sounding for a turbo muffler.  Or just the good old glass pack would give a loud, deepish sound. Typically the longer the muffler, the deeper the sound, but also, they get a little quieter, the longer the muffler is.   

1.75" exhaust is as big as an L16 needs. More than that and you loose your low end torque. 2" max. I'm running 2" on my L20B and it pulls hard down low and up high. Walker Dynomax mufflers are usually pretty deep sounding for a turbo muffler. Or just the good old glass pack would give a loud, deepish sound. Typically the longer the muffler, the deeper the sound, but also, they get a little quieter, the longer the muffler is.

Ok thanks for the advice I will am for a 1.75 exhaust. And on another note my truck keeps up the electrical issues I've cleaned all the terminals don't know what is up? Do I need to rewire stuff?

And on another note my truck keeps up the electrical issues I've cleaned all the terminals don't know what is up? Do I need to rewire stuff?

Do you have the proper equipment to really test a battery or a starter?  If not, it doesn't cost anything to take both of those into the parts store and have them tested.  I'd say do this first, then hit us back up.

Well been busy lately but got some work done today. fixed the problem with the electrical.....forgot to clean the ground....I feel so dumb hahaha.....waiting for my brother to get back because he has the tools I need to lift my front end more (17mm socket)

• 2 weeks later...