72.5 datsun 620 project lucy

mikeanike99

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea craigslist. you can find them anywhere. Just about any 6 lug wheel you find will fit as most 6 lug trucks came as 6x5.5 

you can even find a set of used tires for cheap, I almost bought the same ones I have now for $200!!! then you have to pay to get them balanced and mounted (probly another $40-70)

I had the money to buy new though and I ended up getting some 205/55/15r bf g-force tires... the thing handles like a gokart

oh ok. I was going to say I have the one I pulled off my truck you could have. It could use a cleaning and some paint and the beam it was attached to is still partially bolted to it ( had to cut the beam off anyway) so its got some of that rusty mess attached to it sort of, but there is nothing wrong with the tank. just take the bolts out that are still attached and youre good to go! I bought a fuel cell to replace it since I thought it was leaking... turns out it was my fuel line

On those wheels; Things to look for are the hub center bore, and offset.  Everyone told me Chevy steelies fit perfect, but the ones I bought have the smaller center bore and biggest issue is;  since I have a '73 620 (same for your '72), our rear axle and front spindles are inset more (the track is shorter), so we can't use the same offset as the later trucks....  The wheels I bought are from an 80s/90s Chevy (probably 2wd, I think 4wd trucks will have the larger center bore).  They are 16x7.  I originally cut out my center bore to match the stock wheels and fit over the hub, but then I found the wheel offset was too deep and the rear wheels hit the frame before they touched the drum.  So then I had to buy some 1.5" wheel adapters to get them to fit.  I found out with the adapters, I didn't need to cut the center bore out to get them to fit.  But now, not only do my wheels fit, but they now stick out further and look a lot better.  The adapters I bought are very nice, but they added extra cost to my $100 wheels (my wheels were over priced, but everything is up here).

You can see what I went through on my build page:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/57342-bomber-green-73-620/page-3

He has a 72 1/2

My profile says 72

Guys, I quoted willz, the question was directed to him, since he keeps insisting the wheels will fit with no problem.  His profile says he has a '78, when Mike has a '72.  The early trucks have different axles in them that are less wide than the later trucks.  I just want to make sure Mike measures his truck and wheels before he goes and buys a set of wheel that don't fit.

But it looks like Mike understands this. So carry on Mike!

• Like 1