Possible Datsun name revival

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want one

306019_260901817330792_100002329283682_575183_758410006_n.jpg

I don't want Datsun brought here! Don't want our Datsuns cheapened. Don't want to run into someone talking about his Datsun unless it's at least 30 years old. Don't want some tool coming up to me and saying "Hey you have a Datsun just like me!" Russia can have 'em.

I had major problems with this link above, had to unplug the computer to get out, locked up tight.

Anyone else have it happen?, or is it just me?

I didn't want to try the link after reading your post, lol.

But JNC has some info, if anyone else is interested:

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2012/03/20/its-official-the-datsun-brand-will-be-resurrected/

That logo looks like shit..

Men, hold on to your datsuns dearly.

Mater.. Good luck getting a Datsun.. Ollllz

The logo is terrible.....I dont want my datsun to be taken to those new datsuns level, neeeein...danke schon!

I had major problems with this link above, had to unplug the computer to get out, locked up tight.

Anyone else have it happen?, or is it just me?

I think it was only you, i worked for me good.

From my profile....

• Interests
    All things Datsun, 710s, Asian trannys and the letter D

By my definition I like anything Datsun even this logo or badge. I just don't want to ever see one on a car around here.

I want one

306019_260901817330792_100002329283682_575183_758410006_n.jpg

I don't want Datsun brought here! Don't want our Datsuns cheapened. Don't want to run into someone talking about his Datsun unless it's at least 30 years old. Don't want some tool coming up to me and saying "Hey you have a Datsun just like me!" Russia can have 'em.

I hear you there. Reminds me on a time when I rolled up in the 510 and some wannabe poser in a body kit then-new 350z says hey man yeah Nissan same family dude! And I was like I'm sorry this is so oil and water.

I dont care what they do, as long as they dont mess with the real legends, the ones that made nissan be what it is today and ofc, that they dont produce cars that fall apart, just like the cavaliers or suburbans assembled in mexico.

btw, ciudad de mexico had a serious quake a couple of hours back, 7.5R :s

I'll wait until they come out before I start poo-poo-ing the idea of the new Datsun. I'm honestly excited to see what they come up with... I don't see how this is such a bad thing to enthusiasts. I'd say that JDM Fanboi Monthly magazines pose a larger threat to the future of the Datsun than what is going on here. Nissan is actually TRYING to make a future for Datsun, and we, the "purists" are standing outside with torches and pitchforks crying, "HERESY! HERESY!". Hogwash.

Some day when I'm older, much older, I'd like the opportunity to drive a Datsun. As things are going now, that won't be possible. They were out of production before I was born, and have been dying ever since. These old relics that I've managed to collect are just fading shadows of what once was; the bodies are disintegrating, and replacement parts are drying up. Every time I turn the key and go out on public roads, I run the risk of getting into a wreck and the world would lose 1 more Datsun. It wouldn't even have to be my fault; our wonderful transportation system has licensed hundreds of thousands of incompetent drivers, and continues to do so at neck-breaking pace. But I digress.

Between the scarcity of resources for maintaining these elusive creatures on the brink of extinction, the forces of nature, and the game of roulette we play daily called "Life", there is no possible way to ensure the future of your Datsun. All things must pass. However, given the opportunity to see the torch passed on, and to witness a new era of Datsun-kind, I think that we should be eager to see our passions reemerge in a new form. I am, and I am hopeful that it will do justice to the name. I don't expect it to wash over or take the place of the classics, but I do anticipate that it will give me a chance to walk through a Datsun dealership sales lot, shake the hand of a Datsun salesman and even get behind the wheel of a new one. I've never been in the seat of a NEW Datsun.. it's something I've always wanted, but never even had a chance, given my age handicap.

.. and for those with a superiority complex, holster your guns and sheath your arrows, taking comfort in the fact that you'll still have the selfsame 'upper hand' that you do now over those driving newer Nissans, if not even more so. You'll still be able to cross your arms and grumble amongst yourselves. And when someone does happen to come along in a sleek, new 2014(or whatever year) Datsun, now taking notice of your classic, instead of having an actual, legitimate conversation with another human being about automotive enthusiasm and history(which some of us will gladly welcome), you can look down your nose at them, snort, and tell them how "I was into them BEFORE they came back out.. back when they were REAL Datsuns..". Stroke that ego, rinse, repeat. That'll show em.

:)

• Like 4

I've had to close 4 other threads started on this.

(1) Datsun limo thread

(2) redundant thread

(3) redundant thread

(4) caddy hack pic sale thread

(5) redudant thread

(6) redundant thread

(7) redundant thread

(8) Datsun name revival thread

(9) redundant thread

(10 redundant thread

(11) redundant thread

(100) Why no Profit !?!?!?!??!?!

maybe its time to rinse and repeat .....

and the wtf wizard like magic is this .... "search button" ...... all the peoples keep shoutin bout !?!!?