1200 autocross project Texas

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The radiator is out. It never leaked, so there is a nasty, rusty mess underneath it. Frame rails and radiator support is getting the POR 15 treatment. The rest of the engine compartment gets the same bright yellow (like the new Corvette/Camaro) paint as the rest of the car.

20150817_175852_zpsxdk8kbze.jpg

Nasty stuff below the radiator.

20150817_175929_zpswmxf1ylz.jpg

If you look at this photo and think "This guy doesn't have a fucking clue about wiring.", then you would be 100% correct. I had to start the removal of the wiring harness under the hood to remove the nastiness on the frame rails. I am trying to make the process as simple as possible. The upper alternator connection is #1.

20150818_171040%206_zpslcumtxhd.jpg

The screw connection with 2 wires is #2.

20150818_172324_zpsjknv50g9.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Kelmo,

I will buy them from you if you still have them

GG, we were talking about door vent weatherstrips

80282-H1800

80283-H1800.......for Coupe

80282-H1001

80283-H1001......for Sedan

I have the ones for the Sedan......much to my dismay :confused:

After a review of Duncan's 71 "Oz" Goon thread, Datsunfreak advised Duncan to remove the front valance by drilling through the spot welds and re-attaching the front valance using stainless steel hardware. The front valance was hiding a whole lot of nastiness and I am glad I took the advice.

20150916_181313%201_zpsffrla7wi.jpg

20150916_181331_zps6gh8ex2r.jpg

• Like 2

My fight against rust is best summarized by a Forrest Gump quote. “That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I’d run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I’d just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I’d just run across the great state of Alabama. And that’s what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I’d gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I’d gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going.” I am one sick Ratson.

• Like 2