1200 autocross project Texas

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some more Eastwood internal frame coating. This is the 3rd can and I am coming close to finishing the internal frame rail rust busting. Need at least one more whole can and possibly half of another can. Want to kill all the rust, and this is the backbone of that project. Total cost for this part of the project is approx. $120.00.

20151020_173340_zpsqlzixaas.jpg

• Like 1

Let me do a little more research on my end and see if there is a newer part #.  I do have one but it will be going into the green car so I am not willing to part with it.  However, measurements and pics I am willing to provide free of charge B).  Of course, said part will have to be found first.

• Like 1

Got the left front inner fender well coated with POR 15 Rubberized Undercoat. I had a problem with the product leaking all over the place from under the nozzle. I told POR 15 about it and they promptly sent a replacement. Great products and great customer service!

20151029_181227_zps9ovdjkey.jpg

• Like 1

So, back to the steering column bushing..........

Outside Diameter = 29.86mm

Inside Diameter = 17.27mm

Height = 24.20mm

That is all I have for now, have been doing inventory at work this week and been a bit busy.  The one I have is the newest # and was ordered within the past 2 years, still have not had time to verify availability (but most likely NLA), and will try this week.  I guess I am going to figure how to post pics again and will post some up (can email or text if we need to).

• Like 1

Got the radiator support center brace treated and installed. There was not enough room to use stainless steel fasteners on the top connection. They would not fit next to the hood release mechanism. So I used pop rivets and it worked perfectly. After I took the picture, I covered the rivets with POR 15 top coat to seal everything up.

20151104_172243_zps7b6pcnmu.jpg

The POR 15 Rubberized Undercoat had a malfunction. The nozzle clogged and the product started leaking out from the bottom of the nozzle and making a huge mess.

20151027_175909_zpst71fzjuq.jpg

Absolute Coatings responded promptly to my complaint, apologized,and said they would immediately send me a replacement. I was very pleased with their response. What I did not expect was a 2nd free can of undercoat. Absolute Coatings take customer service very seriously and are not afraid to prove it. Great products, Great service, Great company, and Great people making it happen!!!

20151104_172343_zpsdbmhumra.jpg

The ball joint started getting surface rust, and the LCA and tension rod that was finished with Krylon started to look bad. I removed everything, refinished it with POR 15 and Topcoat. Now everything looks brand new. Another step forward!

20151122_132913%203_zpsoddy4dj2.jpg

20151123_170850%201_zpsz4jfffqn.jpg

Now everything is torqued to factory service manual specs.