Honda Hate?

For me it's the people that drive them you can be in a truck, regular car or even van and they will still rev there damn engine at you. When I would cruise in my old Z honduh douches would always rev there engine to almost redline but I would never pay any attention. For most of those people that drive honduhs to make them fast are like attention whores they just want you to look at then I don't know why?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My family has had: 83 accord (t-boned, totalled), 84 accord (sold with ~224k, starting to burn oil), 86 civic (sold with >180k, running great), 87 prelude (t-boned, totalled), 90 accord (240k+ still driving), 92 accord (246k+ still driving), 94 accord (sold with ~190k, running great), 95 civic (sold, had to swap in a salvaged automatic for $400), 98 accord (~180k still driving), 2003 accord (~120k still driving), 97 integra (stolen, scrapped).  Perhaps you have irresponsible, poorly maintaining friends?  That $400 replacement trans was the most any of our Hondas have ever needed.

5 or 6 replacement oem radiators in 4 months, broken lca going over a speedbump at 4-6 mpg(less than 50k on the car, this one happened to my mom), broken crank at about 130k, passenger front brake stuck, spun rod bearing(this one was because of poor maintenance), water pump shot at about 65k, heater core shot dunno mileage....I would agree with you, but it was across too many people, and they didn't have issues with their other cars. I was riding in or driving each of the cars when these parts failed. it may just be a curse, like my problem with apple products(remember when they were said to be uncrashable? especially the imac? I couldn't be on one for more than 5 minutes without it crashing or freezing on me). but whether its just something wrong with me being around them or a problem with the actual manufacturer I don't know. I just prefer to stay the hell away from them, I've been left walking too many times because of them.

there is a big difference between the old and new Honda owners, a lot of the kids who own newer ones even hate on the old ones, you would be suprised how much the community of vintage Honda owners are like Datsun owners, we also shun the big wing, fart can, ugly body kit crowd, I know at threegeez we have converted a bunch of them to the dark side. We are in the same boat, no aftermarket for our cars, it's make it from something else, find it at the yard,or do without, you guys have a lot more support then we do, there are some very ingenious people in the old accord community,  you would be suprised at how much power you can get out of an old iron third generation block, some of the turbo guys have made crazy numbers, and they hold together, newer aluminum block Honda stuff melts from overheating. There have been many ricers suprised when they revved at an old Accord sleeper and were left in the dust. having grown up with Datsun stuff and old Honda stuff,    the hate needs to be reserved for the ricers, I would love to see a meet someday where it's noting but vintage Japanese stuff. Everyone might realize they have more in common then they think

5 or 6 replacement oem radiators in 4 months, broken lca going over a speedbump at 4-6 mpg(less than 50k on the car, this one happened to my mom), broken crank at about 130k, passenger front brake stuck, spun rod bearing(this one was because of poor maintenance), water pump shot at about 65k, heater core shot dunno mileage....I would agree with you, but it was across too many people, and they didn't have issues with their other cars. I was riding in or driving each of the cars when these parts failed. it may just be a curse, like my problem with apple products(remember when they were said to be uncrashable? especially the imac? I couldn't be on one for more than 5 minutes without it crashing or freezing on me). but whether its just something wrong with me being around them or a problem with the actual manufacturer I don't know. I just prefer to stay the hell away from them, I've been left walking too many times because of them.

thats really bad luck, very unusual for those kinds of issues, it sounds like cars that were beat on, what year crank broke? Thats almost unheard of, I dont know if they are still the same, but it used to be every single Honda crank was forged and nitrided right from the factory, thats high performance stuff stock.  Most of the old iron block ones, the blocks and cranks are pretty bulletproof

I think Hondas are good cars. I have owned 2 of them plus my extended family etc. I just find the modified in poor taste cars to be laughable. I agree that this can be applied to other makes as well. (Check the ricer thread)

I think Hondas are good cars. I have owned 2 of them plus my extended family etc. I just find the modified in poor taste cars to be laughable. I agree that this can be applied to other makes as well. (Check the ricer thread)

yep, generally those of us with the older ones also hate the ricers, sometimes in time they can be shown the error of their ways, depends on if they are complete douchebags or not, generally the ones who stand around their cars with the "stance" and wear their hats an an angle with a look of total idiocy, they are beyond saving,  and dont get me started on those idiot cambered wheels sticking out of the wheel wells at an angle like they broke a ball joint 

97 accord crank. the heater core, water pump, and front break were beat on to an extent. the lca was my moms daily, she didn't beat on it. the broken crank was my (at the time) 78 year old grandmother, broke it in 2005 and she bought it off the showroom floor. the radiator was me, taking over the same one that had a problem with the lca. I have a lead foot but dont race or drift. and the spun bearing was an oil leak that my buddy didn't know about, lost about 2 quarts in 3 days so kinda his fault for not checking up on shit more often.

97 accord crank. the heater core, water pump, and front break were beat on to an extent. the lca was my moms daily, she didn't beat on it. the broken crank was my (at the time) 78 year old grandmother, broke it in 2005 and she bought it off the showroom floor. the radiator was me, taking over the same one that had a problem with the lca. I have a lead foot but dont race or drift. and the spun bearing was an oil leak that my buddy didn't know about, lost about 2 quarts in 3 days so kinda his fault for not checking up on shit more often.

yea they keep making them bigger and heavier and less well engineered,  I had a 98 civic and everything broke on that car,  the transmission failed, it was an auto, and apparently they all were bad, so finding a used one was out of the question, if so much hadnt been wrong with it, I would have converted it to a five speed, the od ones are a different story, I had an 81 civic with half a million miles on it

sounds like YOUR bad luck, please don't touch cars at canby they will start dropping like flys....

Absolutely love my 97 Accord. My wife has a brand new Honda now so I got the Accord with 265,000+ miles on it. Never have had a single issue with it. My wife bought it 9 years ago right before we got married. It has original alt, starter and the drive belts have 170,000 on them that I know of.

It survived the North Dakota oil fields, Put about 20,000 miles on it just driving up there and back. -55 below 0 weather, she made some strange noises but fired up. About 8 years ago I got rid of the stock air intake and put my own on with a cone filter and that's the only mod I have done to it.

I am currently dailying it cuz the 521 is down for brake repairs. Would I ever trade my Datto for a Honda, FUUUUCK NO!!!! Datsun for life!!

I'm with the general consensus, I hate Honduhs that get "douched" out. VTAK JUST KICKED IN YO!!!! Fuck off dumbass! It blows more oil out the tailpipe than Charlie Sheen does coke.

I have THE coolest Accord around anyways............

IMG_20121028_163741.jpg

:fu:

Im all for making fun of ricers, but I think that might be a little crazy... Im not going to drive a Mac truck to pick up a loaf of bread. Though to be fair, it seems most shitty Civics these days have the same cloud of black smoke coming out their exhaust. 

sounds like YOUR bad luck, please don't touch cars at canby they will start dropping like flys....

its just Hondas. I've had 4 nissans/datsuns that are/were daily drivers, outside of a popped tire, the original slave cylinder in my z going out, and the plug wires on my 510 going bad, I haven't had any issues in about 9 years of driving Nissan built cars. never had someone elses car outside of a Honda leave me stranded when I was a passenger. tho I tend to not touch others cars without permission, kinda a respect thing for me

well I have a 2.0 litre accord it makes as much torque as any other old 4 cylinder, the civics with the 1.5 and 1.8 are weak though

yeah but other brands 1.5-1.8 don't get 30+ mpg honda also has had the hf crx cx civix vx an hx witch get 45mpg IN town 55-60mpgs on freeway. Every 1.5 civic I've owned puts out 92hp and got 35mpg driving like asshat my 620 1.6 puts out maybe 100hp and 25mpg. ....I miss my civic...

I dont know why I am even reading this as this is a Datsun forum with an area for non datsun stuff BUT

If I want a car for my daughter or female friend that I dont want to have to work on except regular maintenance 

IT WOULD BE A TOYOTA OR HONDA 

They are very good reliable and dependable cars Toyota prefered over Honda but both are proven 

If I want to get them a cool car that I would have to work on but could because they are simple without all the Electronic Bullshit 

IT WOULD BE A DATSUN 

• Like 2

Im all for making fun of ricers, but I think that might be a little crazy... Im not going to drive a Mac truck to pick up a loaf of bread. Though to be fair, it seems most shitty Civics these days have the same cloud of black smoke coming out their exhaust. 

Common dude....those aren't Mack trucks. There Peterbilts   ^_^

• Like 1

power=torque * angular speed. It gets complicated, but it really depends on a lot of factors and the application. Personally, I don't run quarter miles or rev my car to 8000 rpm. I like usable power. I like a car that gets with the program quick at reasonably low rpms.

I think the following are germane to the discussion:

horsepower.gif

torque.gif