Post Your 521.

Dattokai

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^nice truck but no radio/delete plate???  feels slack

Agree. Maybe they are just hard to come by down there or he was working on a stereo system.

The best thing about this truck is the engine compartment,the wire tuck looks good.Its very clean

Sounds like youre just being a hater. That truck is absolutely gorgeous. Only thing I would change would be to remove all the window stickers. Sounds like you cant appreciate a truck when yours isnt the center of attention :poke:

• Like 1

Now that it's been mentioned, does look a lot like a hako style spoiler modded to fit a 521, kinda cool. The truck is nice but has features that need to be changed, window stickers for sure, and the frontier style wheels, personally not a fan. I'm digging the white though, I'm actually thinking of painting my 70 521 white right now, the paint is free. And I'd have to say tanker has one of the cleanest trucks on the forum and/ or period. Just different strokes for different folks for sure.

Good looking truck, but I'm with Devilsnake on the wheels. Something just doesn't seem right. Again, who am I to say as they might love them and that's what it's all about!!

• 2 weeks later...
2013-03-18151919.jpgAs of this afternoon I own the 521 I posted a while back. there is some question about whether it's a '71 like the door tag says,or a '72 like the title says. I paid $400 for it,& the previous owner gave me a bedliner,a canopy,& the bumperettes (no brackets though ,gotta find some.) I am buying an L20b & 5 speedad soon as I can get together with the guy that has them. Now I have to either change all the locks,or have keys ma2013-05-23142255.jpgde. I'll be posting my build /resurection thread soon.
  • Like 1

That is quite the pretty truck (the white one). For me, the rims, the mirrors and the maybe the steering wheel needs to go. Other than that, I'd rock it all day long....the real reality is it's his truck and if it's his style. The only person who needs to like it is the owner.

Think it might be nicer than mine, I'd have to see it up close though. The engine compartment eats me for lunch that's for sure.....

Loren O, Congrats!  I'm jealous.  I like your truck, and good price too.  Have fun with it!

Also, both my trucks are the same way; door tags are one year earlier than title.  I've seen many other vehicles this way.  I'm guessing it's in part due to the travel time from Japan, whence it was built, in addtion to how long it sat on the car lot before it was sold.  It shouldn't worry you. 

I bought the new engine & 5-speed (L20b from a '75 620 kc) & 2 weber 32/36 carbs that will need rebuilt for $100.00 yesterday,from a customer from NAPA that just wanted them out of his shed so he have the room for other stuff.

• 3 weeks later...