Post Your 521.

Dattokai

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just noticed my door looks a bit off :confused:

ive noticed that before on my truck, as if the cab is just a just barely 1/4in lower than the bed

Are these wheels widened stock rims,do the dogdish hubcaps work on them,& how/ where can I get a set for my '71 521 ?

those are chevy rally wheels, 15x8 or 8.5, they are just stock chevy steel wheels, fairly easy to find

I'm curious how it attaches.

This one looks like it's just sitting in the rail. Normally there is one more clamp section. There's a threaded hole in that back plate and a forward plate. This is used to pinch the rail and hold it in place.

Maybe drill into roof if it's not set in there?

• Like 1

TristinGrind---Do you know where or what this chin spoiler came from? Any more pics of the front of this truck available? Anyone else have any ideas on the chin spoiler?

That looks like a color matched VW MKI lip, but without seeing the center of it I cant be certain. Unfortunately, I have no other pictures. Let me try to hunt some down from where I got that

I detect a bit of hate? lol

Dont worry about Tanker... he has stupid looking ideas as well. Ill see what I can do about more info for you. 

That looks like a color matched VW MKI lip, but without seeing the center of it I cant be certain. Unfortunately, I have no other pictures. Let me try to hunt some down from where I got that

Dont worry about Tanker... he has stupid looking ideas as well. Ill see what I can do about more info for you. 

like?

945541_427490957346499_1933343811_n.jpg

Looks like its an FRP spoiler similar to the ones run on other J-tin cars. I would bet it was for another car like a Hako or something that was split down the middle, shortened, and then glassed back together for a custom fit. 

I love the wood in that bed. Gorgeous truck.