Post Your 521.

Dattokai

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Newbie to the Ratsun. net but not to old school mini trucks.

Found this beauty in an old junk yard along with a few other 520's & 521's. Worked a deal for this '70 5spd and now working on the rest of the stash. Once I get it home and in the garage I'll start a build tread. I've been lurkin' the forum since i found the Datsun stash. I really like alot of the builds i've read. It almost broke my heart when i finished ericwaslike's crazy cool Datsun tread and to see it die before it was completed bummer man. Heck i might build mine in memory, no shit.... Haters gonna hate any way right? Might even droop a taillight as respect hahaha. ok enough about the dead.

My Plans/ Ideas..... Clean it...Get it running!.... New windshild......I'm diggin' the Chevy Rallies w/ 195/50s, Slots, Turbines & even chrome smoothies, but there are alot of rims in this lot to go through so who knows what it will end up with.  Static drop just like all your fine rides. I'm diggin' the "patina" look as im not fond on cleaning HA! And with some of the 520 parts i plan on swaping over (they will fit right?) Drivers doors, hood, dash, and im sure i'll find some more patina. Wish me luck :thumbup:

1377015_3464155418622_1170270631_n.jpg1380393_3464155098614_1787780966_n.jpg

• Like 1

Found this beauty in an old junk yard along with a few other 520's & 521's. Worked a deal for this '70 5spd and now working on the rest of the stash. Once I get it home and in the garage I'll start a build tread. I've been lurkin' the forum since i found the Datsun stash. I really like alot of the builds i've read. It almost broke my heart when i finished ericwaslike's crazy cool Datsun tread and to see it die before it was completed bummer man. Heck i might build mine in memory, no shit.... Haters gonna hate any way right? Might even droop a taillight as respect hahaha. ok enough about the dead.

My Plans/ Ideas..... Clean it...Get it running!.... New windshild......I'm diggin' the Chevy Rallies w/ 195/50s, Slots, Turbines & even chrome smoothies, but there are alot of rims in this lot to go through so who knows what it will end up with.  Static drop just like all your fine rides. I'm diggin' the "patina" look as im not fond on cleaning HA! And with some of the 520 parts i plan on swaping over (they will fit right?) Drivers doors, hood, dash, and im sure i'll find some more patina. Wish me luck :thumbup:

very nice,but start your own build thread.

Brought my 720 4x4 leaf springs up to where my 521 is STILL sitting,waiting for my friends garage to get finished so I can put the ever-growing pile of parts on,& do the engine & transmission swap. While I was there I took off the rusty crome moons & flat tires,& put on the 6-lug slot mags I bought from Taadj. Here's a before& after pic.

2013-08-30192425.jpg

2013-10-12181317.jpg

• Like 1

Where is this junk yard with 520's and 521's. Where is Snaketown Montana...never heard of that before.
  • 1 month later...

Nice Wayno. Like the Datsun among the big kids. Looks like a little hoodlum ready to cause mischief!!

Everything is fine here, I just heard someone mention my name, then I became confused.

That green truck looks normal, I don't have any normal 521s.  :lol:

I wish it had something cool about it, like Wayno's 521(s). Would like to see mine as a kingcab. 

I wish it had something cool about it, like Wayno's 521(s). Would like to see mine as a kingcab. 

Your truck looks fine, I think they look better without the hooks like yours, makes them less cluttered.

If you are tall(over 6 foot), and have a few inches of head room, put 1 inch spacers under the seat rails, you will have to figure out the mounting bolts(need to be longer), but it gives you more legroom.  :)

• Like 1

Your truck looks fine, I think they look better without the hooks like yours, makes them less cluttered.

If you are tall(over 6 foot), and have a few inches of head room, put 1 inch spacers under the seat rails, you will have to figure out the mounting bolts(need to be longer), but it gives you more legroom.  :)

Hooks was removed by previous owner. Would like to still have them, but yet don't mind.