Post Your 521.

Dattokai

20130608_081810_zpsf645bc92.jpg

Also, I made up this T-shirt of the 521 diagram and wore it to canby.  I drew it in AutoCAD and created a postscript file that the shop used so it's pretty detailed and nice lines.  I also put some shading in the windows to make them standout.  I'm going to have a bunch made for me and the fam.  If there was interest I could make some extra and make them available for the going rate + shipping.  I'm working on one for the PLG222 and roadster.

im in for 2 shirts.... larges. as long as they arent 30 each lol

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffed out the cab I (think the truck might have been orignally orange) LOL

My son calls it hot lava

IMG_20130815_171605_446jpg_Thumbnail1.jp

First carshow parked next to an really nice Ford Torino cobra was happy my 521 was one year newer! got a laugh out of them.

IMG_20130802_200246_732jpg_Thumbnail1.jp

Here's my 521's.  The green on is my daily driver.  The Maroon one has a weber and runs but I have not done much to it yet.  I just recently picked up the blue one.  The owner (nice older guy) had just finished putting a new high-performance cam, head job and water pump on it.  I haven't done much to it either.

P1000455-1.jpg

P1000459.jpg

0516121211.jpg

20130526_210121_zpsacbef7b5.jpg

20130526_210121_zpsacbef7b5.jpg

20130608_081810_zpsf645bc92.jpg

Also, I made up this T-shirt of the 521 diagram and wore it to canby.  I drew it in AutoCAD and created a postscript file that the shop used so it's pretty detailed and nice lines.  I also put some shading in the windows to make them standout.  I'm going to have a bunch made for me and the fam.  If there was interest I could make some extra and make them available for the going rate + shipping.  I'm working on one for the PLG222 and roadster.

• Like 1

My '72 521 still waiting to be moved to a place whereI can do the engine & transmission swap. 2013-08-30192425.jpg

I do love this truck.

Start a build thread.  I want to follow your progress!  Well,,, really I want your truck.  How much?  Then I can start a build thread :w00t:

I'm definately going to start a build thread,as soon as I'm actually getting anything done on my truck that is. Right now I'm mostly just collecting parts for it. I dropped off the rear window that I've been carryinh around in the backsear of my goon for WEEKS, & picked up a couple valve covers,& a timing cover yesterday. I'm going to clean them up & try my hand at polishing them. Not really much I can do until I can get the truck to where I can work on it. I'm still waiting for the guy I bought the engine & transmission from to dig it out of his shed & deliver it. As for the "patina", I plan on giving the truck a good cleaning,use some rubbing compound & wax,then put on the Datsun rocker panel stripes,& the slot mags & call that good for now. I plan on putting polished diamond plate on the bed floor,to cover the rusted through sections also. Of course it's going to have to lowered too. Lits to get done,& the waiting to get to it is frustrating.