Mystery 521

Dattokai

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's either a 68 or 69, I'm waiting on the title from my neighbor. She has had it since late 60's then she sold it to a friend then she bought it back. Now it's a father and son project. I believe it's registered as a 69 and now out of DMV system since tags expired in 2004.

Would you have the part # you used for rear kit? 3 inch for 3 inch tube? Or 4 inch for 3 inch tube?

What all did you do to the front ? Thanks Sean

DJM LB4LK lowering on eBay from summit racing. It's a 4" drop for 3" tube with the correct angle for the driveline. For the front I adjusted the torsion bar 2 notches to from stock to get the ride height I wanted. I will also swap out the front shocks with the shorter front shocks from 70's ford pinto. They worked great on my last 620 truck.
  • Like 1

That's a "68" 521.  They're supposedly supposed to be a '69, but true 69s had the standard larger 521 taillights and round reflectors, whereas true 68s had the 520 taillights.  The reflectors on the sides MAY have been removed, but more likely as a '68 it never had them to begin with.  Also, the inner door locks weren't "shaved" as they never existed.  The inner door lock is done by turning the inner door release lever the other way, much like old American trucks from the 50s.

That's a "68" 521.  They're supposedly supposed to be a '69, but true 69s had the standard larger 521 taillights and round reflectors, whereas true 68s had the 520 taillights.  The reflectors on the sides MAY have been removed, but more likely as a '68 it never had them to begin with.  Also, the inner door locks weren't "shaved" as they never existed.  The inner door lock is done by turning the inner door release lever the other way, much like old American trucks from the 50s.

Yeah, Laeceon told me that, or however you spell his username. Did the '69s come with the J13?