Round 2, FIGHT! - now with a DE in progress(for real this time...)

Eagle_Adam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...... I've read and read Steve......

Am I correct in thinking the "load bolt" is only there to keep the bolt that just stripped out in place and the heli coil is what's keeping the bolt in the head?

Yes. It locks the bolt in a not quite, but almost, double shear condition. This keeps the sprocket load from tearing the bolt out of the head which is what is tearing out those threads, 

Drill it out... put in a time sert... call it good.

Time sert will not fit. There is an oil passage just above the hole and drilling it out that big will cut into the passage.and ruin the thread engagement of the time sert as well as possibly blocking the passage. 

• Like 1

Ok, I'll go thru it again.....

Yes I did, why?

Because that bolt snapped, the timing Cover wouldn't move "forward" off the alignment dowels.

Because of that I had to cut the bolt and the only safe place to cut it was thru the head gasket.

I dropped the newest cyl head off at my

Machinist to get the threads repaired!!! Once it's back it should be game on finally !!!!!

The machinist actually just did the same repair on an SR head a week ago, so I'm pretty stoked

Adam speaking of head,thank you for the offer, i did happen to come across one down here local all ready to go. :thumbup: :hug:

• Like 1

I dropped the newest cyl head off at my

Machinist to get the threads repaired!!! Once it's back it should be game on finally !!!!!

The machinist actually just did the same repair on an SR head a week ago, so I'm pretty stoked

Any details?

• 3 weeks later...