Round 2, FIGHT! - now with a DE in progress(for real this time...)

Eagle_Adam

Hard to tell, but looks a little crooked like it's cross threaded.  You could try putting a nut over it and mig the nut to the bolt through the nut, but risk damage to your coating...

It might be cross threaded.... Rookie mistake

And I don't have a welder so the heads coming off :/

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious in the sense that it's a plausible way to get out a broken bolt, but not so much when it comes to doing it in tight quarters with fresh paint :P

Agreed. That one does looks like a bitch to get at though :blink: :lol: ... I'm no master welder either :lol:

Best luck Adam !

Sorry to hear/see that Adam. I HATE extracting broken bolts, it doesnt help that I am not very good at it. This is one of those things that you dont want to practice to get good at

Sad thing is I'm pretty good at extracting bolts.... Just ant get the right angle on this one :(

mines a mix between a couple kits

the kit i originally bought was not the right one, and i ended up welding the tensioner oil caps for piece of mind and buying new guides to replace the plastic ones i got. 

if you want the right kit then buy a nissan one if you have the $ to blow or visit http://www.frsport.com/ and buy theirs. the rest are garbage from the research ive done 

just ask phil......... He fucked his whole motor cus of the timing kit he put in 

• Like 3

Well slight change in plans.......

Last Friday my employer decided to give theposition they had promised me in a contract to someone else, so i politely gave them the bird, took 10 weeks severance pay and unemployment ;)

So now I find myself with lots of time and lots of datsun projects...

Stay tuned!

• Like 3