Whats your favorite Grille for PL510?

My car came with a 68 grill, so I sport that. But to be honest, I don't really care about the grill. I doesn't make the car any faster, so like Ice I can't justify spending a bunch of money on it.

If that's the case, can I trade you with a very cleannice 73 grill?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the plastic 73 grill but I also can't spend that kinda money on a part that doesn't improve the performance of my car :D

Since both my cars are 68's I feel I need to run the correct grill :D I do like it in red :D

In a way the 73 plastic grills do help with performance, They allow more room for a front mount in behind it. :blink:

I personally like the 68 and 69 grills. The 69 has the nicest bars, the 68 has the nicer flow into the buckets.The 70-73 grills are ugly in my opinion, too flat and boring.

The 69sss cast grill is the king kong, followed closely by the 73sss plastic one. The best emblem comes on the 73 bluebird plastic one, that emblem is wicked.

If I could get one I would sport the 69 cast grill, then the 73 plastic grill, then the 68 and 69 grills in that order.

The 73 plastic grill makes the 510 look so angry.

In a way the 73 plastic grills do help with performance, They allow more room for a front mount in behind it. :blink:

Damn it!! Now I have to buy one :D I do really really want one :D Its just hard to unleash that kinda cash.

I like the red 68 grill myself :D

wolfie.jpg

Here are some grill pics.

Thanks man! Thats what I am talking about! I knew someone would have the collection to post. Beautiful pics!

Not buying the 68 "deluxe" and "standard" versions.

Those vertical bumps that are missing on the "standard" grille are made of black plastic with decorative metal inserts. They are brittle and break really easilly. I think someone broke all or some and then removed them.

The last one I have never seen! Pretty cool, I wonder if homemeade?

Go ask Mike K. from Datsunlandsocal :lol::lol:

He seems to know it all when it comes to 68-69 models.

I was just reading all the post about him on Bluebirds list.

Bad part is, he has most of the supply of rare 68-69 grills.

Remember every time I'm bidding on ebay, he always beats me with some ebay utility backed with unlimited budget.

I hated it.

Anyways, there seems to be 50 variants of grills out there.

We should compile them together and document it.

Then send to DQ for updated publication.

Thanks man! Thats what I am talking about! I knew someone would have the collection to post. Beautiful pics!

Not buying the 68 "deluxe" and "standard" versions.

Those vertical bumps that are missing on the "standard" grille are made of black plastic with decorative metal inserts. They are brittle and break really easily. I think someone broke all or some and then removed them.

The last one I have never seen! Pretty cool, I wonder if homemade?

No problem, I have a few more pics I may post.

As far as the deluxe and standard grills, I have the standard one on my 38,000mile 1300 3 on the tree 4-door. It's all original and I have seen the deluxe grill also, the bars are in different spots if you look closely.The last one I wish I remember where I got the pic from but it wasn't home made.

There are a few more like the last one I think.

I'll try to scrounge around for some more pics and update my original picture post.

Go ask Mike K. from Datsunlandsocal :lol::lol:

He seems to know it all when it comes to 68-69 models.

I was just reading all the post about him on Bluebirds list.

Bad part is, he has most of the supply of rare 68-69 grills.

Remember every time I'm bidding on ebay, he always beats me with some ebay utility backed with unlimited budget.

I hated it.

Anyways, there seems to be 50 variants of grills out there.

We should compile them together and document it.

Then send to DQ for updated publication.

dam, i knew that dude was cornering the market :mad: :fu:

Not bad Matt. Looks less like a 610 now. :P

I think of the 73 JDM grille as Nissans "preview grille"

It is my least favorite also, I have heard stories of guys in Japan burning those ugly things. I wish they would have got them all:fu:

I think these offer the most clearance for intercoolers, hence the popularity with the SR20DET converts...

Here are some grill pics.

1600 grill???

1600grill.JPG

^Fog light grille with the center removed and mesh added. You can see the brackets for mounting the fog lights. Michael Spreadbury hipped me to that one.

As a side note, fog light grilles also had cast headlight surrounds. Different entirely from the 69' sss cast surrounds.

I was just over at a friends house who has two fog light grilles and one 69 sss cast grille. The 69 cast grille is attached to his 69 sss Coupe.:cool:

Regular 70-73 grill with a jdm sports emblem.

Looks good though.

Thanks I debated putting the badge on the stock grill but knowing I wouldnt be getting the grill that goes with the badge I figured I liked it so what ever:D

my friend Nick in Australia supplied the badge as a gift for shipping him a clean 2 door. good to have nice friends :D

I am really liking the 68 grills lately :cool:

I never realized there were so many different grills, it kinda makes it hard to pick my favorite. I guess I will just have to get one of each, I'll just change them like shoes :D

^Fog light grille with the center removed and mesh added. You can see the brackets for mounting the fog lights. Michael Spreadbury hipped me to that one.

As a side note, fog light grilles also had cast headlight surrounds. Different entirely from the 69' sss cast surrounds.

I was just over at a friends house who has two fog light grilles and one 69 sss cast grille. The 69 cast grille is attached to his 69 sss Coupe.:cool:

Pics or it didn't happen. lol

I'd like to see those cast surrounds. I would like to add that to my collection of pics.