Whats your favorite Grille for PL510?

Pics or it didn't happen. lol

I'd like to see those cast surrounds. I would like to add that to my collection of pics.

Sorry, I forgot my camera and my phone when I was over there. I was totally gonna snap a photo of the different cast surrounds. It was the first time I ever noticed that there were two different types.

Next time.

For now here are a couple more pics courtesy of Michael Spreadbury.

1968 grill with some bars painted black. This is on a JDM SSS sedan.

68%20SSS%20Sedan.jpg

Another 1968 badge. You can see the same arrow like shapes as found on the 73 JDM badge, and "Coupe" rocker panel badges, but the "arrows" are turned sideways.

68%20Grill%20Emblem.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I debated putting the badge on the stock grill but knowing I wouldnt be getting the grill that goes with the badge I figured I liked it so what ever:D

my friend Nick in Australia supplied the badge as a gift for shipping him a clean 2 door. good to have nice friends :D

I am really liking the 68 grills lately :cool:

Man I need to ask Nick to send me one too...well I'd pay him of course. Man I'd love to see if he'd done anything with my old 510. That thing was shitty looking but man was that thing straight. I still remember how easy the damn doors shut no that thing. I have to slam the heck out of my current dime.

Man I need to ask Nick to send me one too...well I'd pay him of course. Man I'd love to see if he'd done anything with my old 510. That thing was shitty looking but man was that thing straight. I still remember how easy the damn doors shut no that thing. I have to slam the heck out of my current dime.

last time I talked to him about the car it was sitting till he finished afew other projects and after he got married (arent you getting hitched soon???) but like I told you when I went to look at it for him if he didnt take it I would have :D

Here's one if you really want it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DATSUN-1600-BLUEBIRD-510-SSS-NOS-SPORTS-GRILLE-BADGE_W0QQitemZ150266600840QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150266600840&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

last time I talked to him about the car it was sitting till he finished afew other projects and after he got married (arent you getting hitched soon???) but like I told you when I went to look at it for him if he didnt take it I would have :D

Haha, yeah I'm getting hitched this October, man it's coming up fast. I remember you saying that if he didn't take it you would Clay...you thought it was in good shape enough that you would have considered buying it. If I had it now I would have repainted it the same stock color for sure!!! :)

Well I hope to remain in contact to eventually see what he does with it. He did PM me a while back but haven't heard back from him in a while.

I'll give you a call soon to see how your and Lisa's rides are doing...and just to say hey.

Not to hijack, but are there more pics of this anywhere / a write up or anything?

The car is owned my Mario Lozano. A very nice guy and runs a fabrication shop in LA.

heres an article from a magazine he was in.

http://www.turbomagazine.com/includes/turp_0508_datsun_510_tuner_mario_lozano/index.html

Some more pics of the car

http://www.datsunbluebird.com/510Gallery/Mario510White.htm

I was just over at a friends house who has two fog light grilles and one 69 sss cast grille. The 69 cast grille is attached to his 69 sss Coupe.:cool:

like this one ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-NISSAN-510-SSS-BLUEBIRD-FOG-LIGHT-GRILLE_W0QQitemZ110270282348QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110270282348&_trksid=p3911.m14.l1318

• 3 weeks later...

Thats it! You can see in the pic how the cast surrounds for the foglight grille have really deep contours.

I am glad I didnt see that auction, I would have bought that one too:D

Thats it! You can see in the pic how the cast surrounds for the foglight grille have really deep contours.

I am glad I didnt see that auction, I would have bought that one too:D

I ended up buying it.

Too bad the seller didn't protect the fog lights very well as one was cracked during shipping.

Its pretty rough, I've already started sanding the paint off the bars and polishing, the light buckets are pitted quite bad so those will be a challenge to restore.

Cool grill though.

I also have a 72GL (same as 73sss) plastic grill coming this week.

Hopefully is comes undamaged.

I ended up buying it.

Too bad the seller didn't protect the fog lights very well as one was cracked during shipping.

Its pretty rough, I've already started sanding the paint off the bars and polishing, the light buckets are pitted quite bad so those will be a challenge to restore.

Congrats on the FLG. Sorry bout the lens being cracked, that is the pits.

So are the light buckets steel or aluminum? If steel, you can use a small torch to braze material into the pits, then sand smooth and replate.

• 1 year later...