A10's U-nite !!!!

On 2/18/2019 at 12:58 AM, chevtruknut said:

Great job on the door panels, where did you get the"Datsun" decals or whatever they are?

The Datsun decals are some vinyl stickers on some white perspex, just used a generic Datsun logo i found on the net and asked a vinyl guy to make them to size, they are also backlight with led lights that light up looks great at night. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/17/2019 at 10:50 AM, DatSonOfAWrench209 said:

dgs4PI_0SLPWV_1q-bdLSW39uTz6VFp05Ejdhzhv

And as for highway speeds, even at 80 it still pulls like I was doing 25, I'm not a mechanic guru or anything like that but after just what I have learned recently I believe there is great potential to bring this engine out of the shadow of its more popular older brothers? UNLESS THERE IS A REASON I DON'T KNOW OF...???

not really, i dont know what youre expecting. top speed is around 100 even when shifted into maxuim overdrive. 

On 2/17/2019 at 10:50 AM, DatSonOfAWrench209 said:

hence the tilt in the hood.. Need hood spacers..

so the entire hood is raised instead of changing the filter?

2 minutes ago, Fat510 said:

not really, i dont know what youre expecting. top speed is around 100 even when shifted into maxuim overdrive. 

so the entire hood is raised instead of changing the filter?

Drifting at 70mph is fine with me??  as for the hood, now the back of the hood is lifted and now the hood closes all the way in the front and looks nice, I had to "fabricate" some from a few Jenga pieces ??? it actually has good grain to the wood so it really don't look shitty...?

9 minutes ago, DatSonOfAWrench209 said:

Drifting at 70mph is fine with me??  as for the hood, now the back of the hood is lifted and now the hood closes all the way in the front and looks nice, I had to "fabricate" some from a few Jenga pieces ??? it actually has good grain to the wood so it really don't look shitty...?

am i being trolled right now?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Fat510 said:

Sounds about right on yours. I got 110 with wrong speedo pinion with 4.11s. It was over 5K L20B 710. My '74 got just over 90 with L18.

I think the Z20  had slightly more torque at lower speeds, just a hair. I don't think it would top end like an L series though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 7:14 AM, datzenmike said:

Sounds about right on yours. I got 110 with wrong speedo pinion with 4.11s. It was over 5K L20B 710. My '74 got just over 90 with L18.

I think the Z20  had slightly more torque at lower speeds, just a hair. I don't think it would top end like an L series though.

Yup, 110 with 3.54 rear gears and Z tranny

The only Zseries ive driven on the street was über güber's z24 with flattop SUs with no oil in them and little to no return spring. 

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Z24 swapped Z20S? Flattop SU's??   Or did it have an L head on it???

Pretty sure L head, it probably says on his build thread

it was a 2.3 and you couldn't really drive it ,, like FAT alluded too.. It was either idle or WIDE FUCKING OPEN!!!!!!!!  then frantically flipping your foot under pedal to somehow slow down before you died in a ball of fire,,,    when we drove it.. 

( Jrock traded him for it,,  now Hubblebubble has it n his brok210)

• Haha 2
On 2/19/2019 at 8:51 PM, bananahamuck said:

I don't know,,, maybe the 77-78 Thalidomide baby style ,, but an 82 ,, while boxy as a mofro,,  is not bad looking with wide tires and a little lowering...

As with almost anything, wheels and a drop are the great equalizer. Look even more decent with ZG flares...

Not low enough but you get the idea...

cjcs51.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 12/19/2012 at 4:42 AM, Boom death said:

Finally more a10 owners showing up I thought I was the only one on here lol I got a 79 510 4 door sedan with dual su carbs and I love this bitch specially since I only paid 300 for it lol

I am a new a10 owner....81 2d sedan. I've never paid more than $300 for Datsun!

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Hey, where is the ballast resistor on a 1980 Datsun A10?

EI systems do not need them. All Datsuns have had EI systems since '78. Some California vehicles had them before this.

• 2 weeks later...