New 240sx talks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't fit in the '70s either. We need to reduce our expectations and neediness. Air, heated mirrors, heated seats, electric windows, electric adjust seats, navigation systems, electric mirrors, remote electric trunk release, electric door locks......

As previously mentioned, it just looks like an Altima. Zero percent impressed with the rendering. It looks nothing like the 240zx at all... At least the 350z looked similar enough to the previous Z cars to say it was part of the same lineage. I think that if youre going to make some for of sport car in this size of platform, you need at least a 2.0L with the performance trim level rocking a forced induction package. With the shape of the old 240sx Id like to see something similar to the 1st gen Cadillac CTS. It was a bit boxy, yet stylish. I also think that Nissan has to get away from those ugly ass triangle headlights; they are ruining front-ends with those. Not every car they make needs to have those. 

i like the wheels and roof and quarter panel lines but everything from the windsheld forward is just so fucking ugly 

But you can go into Nissan dealer and by multiple different front ends for a 240sx so maybe they already have that in mind..

I liked the Miata when it came out. Small, two seater, cabriolet, standard, disc brakes all round, powerful.... the very definition of a sports car. What the hell was Nissan doing in '90? Oh yeah, practicing on the 300zx to make it heavier while more powerful to be able to drag it's ass around. And they succeeded within only 12 years to make exactly that in the 350Z. A bloated with options, supercar that if they could have made more powerful, would have made it heavier. Oh yeah, had to leave room for the new and improved 370z. I see nothing in the 350Z that looks anything like it's roots. In fact it looks to me like a fat June Bug. The Corvette used to be trim and a svelte fighting weight too back in the '60s but it and the 350Z look completely at home with an old man driving them. Wtf?

Nissan, there probably is a market, admittedly, perhaps too small to be lucrative, but a market for those of us who want to drive a car. I don't mean cars for every level of incompetent no-mind possible driver out there just so you can sell a car and make money. Christ, there's people in cars that shouldn't be and it's because you car makers make it too easy for them! Make a sports car. Small and light. Forget all the comfort options that add weight. (in high school my friend had an MG with the first year roll up windows that replaced the plastic sliding ones) Optional automatic (if you must) 5 or 6 speed standard, RWD (an absolute must) two seater (don't do what Ford did with the Thunderbird, no 2+2!!!) 2 liter motor, convertible is fine, all disc brake, low and sleek. Keep it simple and easy to maintain and work on. (yes I know how you like to seal up the engine and transmission on new cars so owners can't check fluid levels. But this is because they are morons and will fuck it up if they do. A real owner doesn't mind and the car is an extension of his own body)    

As previously mentioned, it just looks like an Altima. Zero percent impressed with the rendering. It looks nothing like the 240zx at all... At least the 350z looked similar enough to the previous Z cars to say it was part of the same lineage. I think that if youre going to make some for of sport car in this size of platform, you need at least a 2.0L with the performance trim level rocking a forced induction package. With the shape of the old 240sx Id like to see something similar to the 1st gen Cadillac CTS. It was a bit boxy, yet stylish. I also think that Nissan has to get away from those ugly ass triangle headlights; they are ruining front-ends with those. Not every car they make needs to have those. 

They daewooed it...^^^

i agree mike the moment i saw miatas i new the rear wheel drive .... no weight.....two seater design would be a cult one day....i had no idea metro sexulals, but there's also a racing heritage with this car and the set up of it ... you cant argue with how it preforms but the winks from dudes with waxed eyebrows is too much for me...

i agree mike the moment i saw miatas i new the rear wheel drive .... no weight.....two seater design would be a cult one day....i had no idea metro sexulals, but there's also a racing heritage with this car and the set up of it ... you cant argue with how it preforms but the winks from dudes with waxed eyebrows is too much for me...

Perhaps it's too rounded and girly looking. Needs some lines, something. 

"I cannot adequately define a 'girly car', but I know one when I see it."...... US Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart