Anyone ever bought from Bill's Datsun in Oregon?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen the bills header, clears Su,s . Don't know if it clears makuni eor solexs but it don't clear the steering box. And it moves the exhaust up little closer to the floor/firewall. And the black paint burns right off. And the flanges are thin and usually warped from what I hear, we .bolted the middle and worked out to each side. Didn't notice a bad warp. But the flange flexes

• Like 2

That should be a pacesetter version if it's a Monza header, at least if I remember correctly. Pacesetter is known for making semi-cheap headers, and they're not bad quality. That's what I have on the hardbody. However, they don't make any L 4 cylinder headers anymore so it's either a different company or nos.

I bought one of the first headers Bill's sold on ebay. I was the only bidder and got it for $120(?) opening bid instead of the $275 buy-it-now. Since I'm local I picked it up in person to avoid shipping costs. He (Jock) was actually pissed at me for getting it so cheap. It was a Thunderbird brand that was packed in newspaper dating back to about 1980. The flange leaked on #1 so I welded and and trued the mating surface. It also needed to be clearanced at the steering box. I had plenty of room for a stock intake and the one I made for my Mikuni bike carbs. Don't know about your intakes though. I agree, Jock's a hack and his parts are overpriced. If you have other options, use them.

That should be a pacesetter version if it's a Monza header, at least if I remember correctly. However, they don't make any L 4 cylinder headers anymore so it's either a different company or nos.

This particular one appears to be NOS, not "new". Pacesetter says (emailed them yesterday) that the only Datsun header they still make is the L24/L26/L28 header.

If you don't have your wallet out, or your not worshipping/bowing to him, and hanging on his every word, you will not interest him.

His "A" series headers will not clear the SU manifold without a modification(big dent in one tube) according to him, these headers he has are made to fit the B210 or 210 series vehicles I beleave, and one of the tubes has been relocated buy him before manufacture for some reason, but by the time he got that far, I had lost interest in him and his header.