Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spied this super clean, well maintained, 1st Gen MR2 on the way to work today.  It was at the garage we use for our company vehicles.  It is an auto, but I would still rock it

photo_zpsa9e171ba.jpg

Oh yeah, T-tops that didn't leak either... an amazing feat for vintage mid 80s toyotas

• Like 1

There's one of those about a block away from my house that looks identical to that one. Some Asian family owns it, plates say it hasn't be driven since 2008. Sweet little cars do they have any value really?

They are the last of the rear wheel drive Corollas, have a 3T motor (read: hemi), and are highly desired by those who are in for a classic Toyota Corolla.

So, yes, they have some value :thumbup:

• Like 1

A 82' Toyota Corolla with the a 3T & 5spd was my first & only Toyota & I swore I'd never own another.

The starter is directly under the exhaust manifold & even with heat shields & wrap that car ate more starters than ALL the cars I've ever owned put together.

They are the last of the rear wheel drive Corollas, have a 3T motor (read: hemi), and are highly desired by those who are in for a classic Toyota Corolla.

So, yes, they have some value :thumbup:

Huh, maybe I'll go make an offer  :thumbup:

(taking advantage of Asian family + taking advantage of Toyota fan boy = profit)