Oldtimers rallycar - Datsun 1500 Pickup (620) 1979

Aibast

Now why would you go and put mud flaps on, now the guy trying to get around you while your racing can see on them dirt roads, you need a cloud in back of you, that way they cannot see good enough to pass you.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It looks good, it actually is a law over here, they are required equipment on trucks, but I have not heard of anyone getting a ticket myself, but I don't hang out with them to hear what they write tickets for.  :mellow:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in here only N2  and up trucks (over 3,5 tons max weight) are required to have mudflaps in the rear. Datsun or other light trucks are all N1 category vehicles (crossweight less than 3,5 tons) they don't need to have these things on.

As for ralling goes - it's a unwriten rule to have mudflaps, they keep rocks from flying up and hitting the car thats behind you. I think FIA even requires rally cars to have these.

I can't be without posting some pics so: You can see the small yellow office building I work in and some products we make in here.

large_28198497_ZoMH.jpg

It is just an antenna. It was on when I got the car. It is magnetic, so I can remove it if I want to but I like it there. Still no CB, but plannin on it, the cable runs under dash and just waiting for a device. I even have the original radio hole free for CB.

I week to rally :) still some work to be done - the seat needs new springs - the oned under me (105kg) are broken again. So need to modify that. The front mudflaps need to be but on. And I have a rubber matt for a floor under the the seat.

as suggested by rally organizers the front sumpguard would be something to have on a car. So I made mine from an old traffic sign I got from a friend.

large_28219447_zzJl.jpg

large_28219449_c4Kd.jpg

After that came a scrap-metal run @ my summerhouse - 800kg on whole. 

Loading behind the shed

large_28219443_oyBY.jpg

the load

large_28219445_0bfz.jpg

all done

large_28219451_mQMn.jpg

PS: With the new carb i averaged on 220km trip with 500kg load 26 MPG :) Not bad I think. Most of it @ 60 mph - J15 - 4speed. I can get it lover if I drive @ 50 or somewhere like that.

no rally for me this time. Was driving to the start place and the alternator failed. Drove back home on battery power. One of the bruches failed. Now I need to find a new alternator for my truck.

I have some kind of small one - with relay box on the driver side inner fender.

The alternator has 4 wires going in there. 

HitachiAlternator.jpg

same as this but Mitsubishi branded one.

Openned it up, one of the brushes had broken to pieces. Nothing to salvage in there, the pieces that came loose got stuck on the insides and these overheated and broke the wireing. So a rebuild or need to find a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

well it feels to me like that car liked the alternator fix - the random misfire is gone :)

This is good, now there is no reason for you not to win all the rallies.  :lol:

do bad I couldn't do this:

Damn, my Volvo R's oilcooler started to leak again, need to fix that - again.

Do what? The video?

Are them window sprayers on the wipers themselves?

yeah - do the video and rally :) The sprayers are but on the wipers. They work great. Had that done to my Volvo 480. Planing that to Datsun - I have 2 Volvo front light wipers sprayers that hook to the wipers.

• 2 weeks later...

Took some pics again: Call phone pics so they arent good:

large_28290385_RRNC.jpg

large_28290387_9XO5.jpg

large_28290389_Vhkm.jpg

large_28290391_kiFa.jpg

And I got 15 inch cromed steel wheels for my datsun from one of my workers :) I think they fit. Need to get some cargo tyres on them and then testfit/drive these.

large_28290393_C37Y.jpg

Well used my truck as a truck again. It was potato harvesting time - so halled the potatos from field to storage. Same for the carrots, peets and so on.

One of five potato loads.

large_28296919_WYSv.jpg

on the field

large_28296941_Gq3v.jpg

large_28296945_sd2Z.jpg

large_28296947_UeTf.jpg

large_28296951_XCGj.jpg

still have beans and corn to harvest.

• 3 weeks later...

well havent driven the truck much these few weeks. I've been useing our 2 ton work truck. It is a french POS but it gets the job done. The crain lifts 900kg. 

I dont have C category lisence to drive big trucks. Hope to make these some day.

large_28333145_fTD7.jpg

large_28333147_UPjw.jpg

:rofl: the car had sit so long that the dirt from the inside of the wheel fell on the brake calibre and some sand got stuck on the pad. Just tested the car on level ground. Well I can puch my truck with a finger  :thumbup: . No brake binding - but it did clean the rotor up nice...