Oldtimers rallycar - Datsun 1500 Pickup (620) 1979

Aibast

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be driving it to my summer house this coming weekend, need to hall home pumpkings, lawnmover and some potatos. So it will have a full load. To and from. If it would have been empty I'v taken the gravel roads there, for just a fun of it. But with a load you can't slide this thing around corners :P

There isn't enough power to just spin the wheels and added weight gives lots of traction. With an emptry truck just do a "scandinavian flick" and just enjoy going sideways. With a full load it's hard to controll as the there is to much weight in the back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_flick

in the weekend  went to my motherinlaw's place and there went to do some shroom picking.

This is the woods - nice young pine tree forrest. Lots of chanterelles.

large_28341687_oPQx.jpg

large_28341681_X44w.jpg

large_28341679_7gOF.jpg

car used to drive in the woods - who says you can't drive a low sports wagon in the woods on sandy roads.

large_28341663_AJtj.jpg

in here by traffic law you as the owner must know how who is driving your car. so I can lend my car to anyone I like as long as I can give info on who is driving it. And my friend/codriver workd for local traffic police and needed a car for few days. so I'm lending it to him. It's a bit strange to see rally car parked with lots of police cars  :thumbup:

in here by traffic law you as the owner must know how who is driving your car. so I can lend my car to anyone I like as long as I can give info on who is driving it. And my friend/codriver workd for local traffic police and needed a car for few days. so I'm lending it to him. It's a bit strange to see rally car parked with lots of police cars  :thumbup:

Next thing you know we will see in the world news a car chase with your 620 taking the lead(magnetic light) trying to catch the bad guys, and in an interview with him(your friend), he will say that they never could have caught them without your truck.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That would be lots of fun.  :thumbup:

Finaly managed to find some M+S studed tyres for my 15" steel rims. It's going to get cold soon in here and I'm planning on driving my truck this winter. FWD Volvo isn't as much fun and RWD in snow.

Its 96, first need to get some info on the car then look what to do. 

Update - got some info - the engine runs smooth and the box is ok. The engine type is GA16DE. Should be better than the original J15.

46067048.jpg

46067061.jpg

Well got another 620 today. Was so hyped up when I found it  :rofl:

large_28373533_SQc2.jpg

From new Matchbox series.

got the rims and tyres on.

large_28378917_XPJi.jpg

old 185/80/R14C studless M+S on the left, new 205/65/R15 studed M+S on the right

before

large_28378807_7Qza.jpg

after

large_28378919_yiEv.jpg

These almost fit, had to roll the rear fenders.  The replacement someone had welded on had a wide lip on the inside. So iron tube and little rolling did the job. No more rubbing on the rear tyres.

large_28378931_612r.jpg