uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put a god damn nut on there boy. 

I would give you that valve cover bolt i borrowed back but i heard through the grapevine someone snagged the ones we were going to get from PnP ,,,,, so you actually owe me 2 bucks now.

Wanna read something insane,, the OG gooberhead  paid $500. skins to get his road-star radiator fixed,,,,,,,, then he dropped $175. plus tax on a pusher fan .

I'm going to need old one ears help... and yours!

After we get the datsun going..

Gotta change the clutch in the Subaru..

Or the throw out bearing.. getting some gnar nosies when I push in the clutch.. hope it lasts a little while, BUT it needs to get done SOON!

I need his help more or less cuz he's got a lift.. :) and that could make things a little easier..

He takes his Subaru to a guy (his friend) in Lacey to fix ,,, yeah i know ,,,,, him taking anything somewhere ,, but he does.. It must be reasonable prices though.

I don't know anything about Subarus either ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nothing.

Gimme the specs on the rube and i could have him call his friend.

• Like 1

Subie clutches aren't terrible. Removing the front cvs and the shifter assembly is the most irritating part.

Bolt access on the bellhousing is pretty good.

The rear engine mount, the dogbone, has to be removed, so you need a way to keep the engine from tipping forward against the radiator ( I often use a jack under the motor, but there is a tool that can be built).

There is also a special tool that goes in the crank pulley to hold it in place if you are messing with the flywheel. This can be imitated very easily. Put a 3/8 inch 3 inch long socket extension into two of the holes in the crank pulley (across from one another) and wedge a pry bar between them. Bam. Done.

• Like 1

Id have to see a picture I think to get a better understanding. But I watched a pretty good video about the whole thing. Doesn't seem out of my skill range, I'd do more research then watch a video but still I think I can do it, with a lift or not.... but I would need different stands lol!

The video I watched dudes car had a turbo so he had to deal with alot more.

Thanks guys.

I'll probably have more questions..

Like should or do I need to take the axles out?

It's easier if you just plan on taking them out. It can be done with them connected to the hubs still I think, but working around them would suck.

exhaust must be moved as well. I undo it at the manifolds and remove the whole freaking thing as one piece. Gato might have better advice on that though.

• Like 1