• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heads can be pulled in the car.

Super easy, actually.

lol said every non subaru guy ...(this coming from a guy who waited for repair parts for drum brakes instead of just upgrading )... pull the motor,  leave the tranny in  ... kevin I'm starting to think your extra hard on things .. i get your LZ motor .. broke ... i sell you perfectly fine car ... broke ...pathfinder .....well.... broke .. like literally i had to beg u to stop redlining the datsun while it was in your truck ... Lexi stop letting him drive .. the leggy  would maybe need a 1/2 quart every 3k ....i bet you bmx bike has a flat tire and teeth missing on the sprocket ... 

• Like 3

I would pay someone to Fuck with that and use that time to work on my datto...but that's just me....and I don't own a subru...

i sent him a link for a 300 clutch swap by a subbie tech with 16 years experience ... he'd rather misplace half the bolts and deplete his bungy cord selection 

• Like 1

lol said every non subaru guy ...(this coming from a guy who waited for repair parts for drum brakes instead of just upgrading )... pull the motor,  leave the tranny in  ... kevin I'm starting to think your extra hard on things .. i get your LZ motor .. broke ... i sell you perfectly fine car ... broke ...pathfinder .....well.... broke .. like literally i had to beg u to stop redlining the datsun while it was in your truck ... Lexi stop letting him drive .. the leggy  would maybe need a 1/2 quart every 3k ....i bet you bmx bike has a flat tire and teeth missing on the sprocket ...

I've done 10 of them. All in car.

Quit huffin the powder.

Anytime you want to send some of that tanker/jcock money this way, I'll gladly upgrade my brakes.

Just don't offer to help. I saw what you guys did to Kevin's brakes.

oh i wasn't offering thanks though ....i guess what ever "we did" is what u get when u stand around and watch ... never would have used that kit on my own ... and if u did 10... why not family truckster on over and do a 11th?

• Like 2

lol said every non subaru guy ...(this coming from a guy who waited for repair parts for drum brakes instead of just upgrading )... pull the motor, leave the tranny in ... kevin I'm starting to think your extra hard on things .. i get your LZ motor .. broke ... i sell you perfectly fine car ... broke ...pathfinder .....well.... broke .. like literally i had to beg u to stop redlining the datsun while it was in your truck ... Lexi stop letting him drive .. the leggy would maybe need a 1/2 quart every 3k ....i bet you bmx bike has a flat tire and teeth missing on the sprocket ...

Broken?? But still meaner then any other datsun motor you have running?

Perfectly fine car that was eating tires..

Also I'm not hard on cars that aren't mine. I drive the pathfinder and the subi like Lexis does.. being they're hers..

Lets see.. Pathfinder still drives.. lsd just doesn't know what to do.. subi needs clutch... 2003.. Pathfinder 1993.. never needed a clutch... been driving that 6 year straight just about.. 260k on pathfinder...

Subi.. 170k..

And my bmx.. I ride just about every day.. tires are tits.. all bolts are tight aND not teeth missig.

Alllsooo.

Every bolt taken of the roo is either put back where it belongs or put in a bag and labeled..

:D

I hit 6k only ONE time with the LZ.

The l18 I had I'm sure I hit 8!

• Like 1

Jrock is just bitter that his AutoZone compression gauge quit working after testing 1 cylinder.

oh no its snap on and it has been used 20 times and the same front to back 90 110 130 190... hoping kevins homemade cardboard head gasket is the issue ...either way its coming out .. my zx tranny growls in 1 and 3 and the clutch is slipping and neither kev nor i or my other friends remember what clutch we put in ... (used or not )  for now i just super limp it and not push i ... runs drives has decent power .. idles like a two cylinder but that may be the dual 40's ...still a fun car even on wonk status 

So, you say low compression. What are the wet numbers?

Using a compression test does very little to diagnose anything.

Wet compression test then cylinder pressure balance need to be checked before you just go chucking new gaskets at it.

• Like 2

I've done wet ... dry ... warm, cold,  7 valve adjustments,  timing checks ... ... and the results are all the same they sometimes vary ... but its like minor and its consistent... busta gave me plenty of advice ... either way the motor is coming out and going on a stand ..... if its he HG... u can bet i will make kevin wear it like a mr t starter kit to events... if its rings i will shove them individiaully up his pee hole... well i will pay lexi to unless naner volunteers, which is likely actually.....

• Like 2

Pretty sure I asked you if I could keep the clutch that was on the lz. So I didn't have to buy another.

I think. Lol.

yeah i don't remember all my l 20 clutches were new .. so i dunno .. im vagueky recalling a z clutch and fly wheel i got with one of my trannys ... to many cars ...to many projects ...happy the suburban is back on the road and it is a beast now...

and flat since the car is at datsopia maybe this weekend i will re do all the tests... try and lock donw a cause .. it don't burn oil or consume water and they don't intermix ... need to fix my pan it has a seep on it too .. 

• Like 1

What were the readings of the wet test?

If they were the same as dry-not rings.

Now cylinder balance to actually diagnose the damned thing rather then just spill blame on kevin.

My guess is head gasket. The L18 I have I got from Kevin.

He removed it because it had a bad head gasket.

Beginning to think Kevin needs to spend, at a minimum, Craftsman money on a proper torque wrench.

KeV, go borrow a real torque wrench before you put too many miles on that KA.

• Like 2