What I'm working with!

uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went out to start my truck just to do it and idk get it warm. Anywho!

20160825_125211.jpg

The last three holes are stripped.... I kinda forgot being super busy that I didn't wanna start or drive it before I decide how I wanted to fix the threads And or replace the cylinder head.

I've got some helicoils but I don't really like the idea of using them..

I have a few heads but they're unknown condition. And the lifter! Idk haha maybe I'll take one to a shop around here and make sure it straight and clean it up..

To bad new lifters are expensive as fuck!

What do you guys think?

What would some of you do?

• Like 1

Your thread is the most convincing argument to do a KA swap.

Swap heads, go from there. And use a torque wrench this time.

If you have a known good ka then it's all good.

I haven't had very ment problems and the swap was done just about by myself so whatever..

But the head I put on this motor I was told was a runner so I went with it. Not knowing some treads were stripped. But it's all good!

• Like 1

What holes are stripped?

If you have a known good ka then it's all good.
I haven't had very ment problems and the swap was done just about by myself so whatever..
But the head I put on this motor I was told was a runner so I went with it. Not knowing some treads were stripped. But it's all good!

• Like 1

I told you,, Fucking Ted® told you,, even Juan-ear told you,, to stop using that battery powered hammer gun to install bolts into aluminum .. Sometimes ya just gotta listen even if you already know everything.

Hey fuck tard! I happen to NOT!! I REPEAT NOT! use the drill I have. But you won't believe me any how. The one time you seen me do that was the one time I have done that. But again to you not believe that as well.

Aren't sold lifters for turbos or idk haha I'll look into them.

Thanks for the video Draker

• Like 1

Hey butt lips if you have any sway at all with the owners of that giant box you work in,,,,,,,,,,, tell them to sell that tortellini / salami salad shit in larger fucking containers. .................. Like WAY the fuck larger.

Man i could eat a claw foot tub of that super chilled down ..

• Like 5

You're a real nice person.. I didn't fuck anything up.. and to this day! Have finished every project that I've ever started..

So to fill every one in.

The camper is still sitting where it was last pictured. I'm going to find the same sheet metal skin and build a new frame.

I bought some wood just a little thicker then what was used before, also a harder wood then pine. I know this would make the camper a little heavyer but I'm okay with that. So I have the plans and measurements all ready to build the two side 'being there mirror images that should be easy. Once I build the two sides I'll take the front and top of the skin off to see how the front is constructed.. I've got a few ideas for building more storage inside the camper without it looking to dumb.

ALSO!

I didn't damage any of the skin taking it off. So if I can't find more ientical stuff I'll have to use the old stuff.

But I know my uncle has some old rvs with the same siding sheet metal looking shit that I might be able to take.

These are big rvs so I'd have to cut alot but what ever works to make it look good still.

I've just been busy. Unpacking/packing and driving to Olympia on my days off to grab shit. Oh and work. And now with the datsun down for a few days I've got more work to do. But all in do time.

Thanks for asking ted.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...