What I'm working with!

uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The owner died ,, and from what i understand,, the business doesn't automatically get whatever documentation it needs to stay in business ..  I think the state has to open some kind of bid process to get licensing or some other stupid law they thought up to limit license places in WA. ... But i only quickly skimmed the online documents.

• Like 2

The owner died ,, and from what i understand,, the business doesn't automatically get whatever documentation it needs to stay in business ..  I think the state has to open some kind of bid process to get licensing or some other stupid law they thought up to limit license places in WA. ... But i only quickly skimmed the online documents.

Go figure..... :sick:

... need to buy some tools for the subi..

Need to buy a few rubber grommets for my battery placement in the Datsun..

Pay day is friday.

Thats okay tho cuz my back side hurts really fucking bad. Has for a week or so now.

Like the side/back lower rib area.. definitely pulled muscle or a previous torn muscle that I never rested enough....

On the up side. My Medical insurance kicks in at costco the 1st of next month.. FUCK YEAH!!

10 or more years of me not caring how much pain Im in really fucked me up lol ... who would have guessed. But shit's still getting done..

Slowly.

Datsun is good.

Other then me needing to take the maf off to shut the hood hahah :D

• Like 1

I am a little more cautious ever since my tranny blew up.. But I'm happy you guys helped me out gettimg her on the road yesterday. Thanks Bananahamuck and Ted.

I'll be looking into electric fans.

Anyone got any good ideas ???

Either one in there or in the front of my radiator.

we talked about this the other day .. do you even listen ?   oh wow someone suggested dual fans ... hmm that sounds familiar ... 

i think your a ask-hole 

• Like 2

20160506_191458_1.jpg

Gotta pull the cv axles and drop the drive line and the tranny.. after removing bolts.

I'm almost positive that I'll need the flywheel resurfaced... this make me think about changing the head gaskets while I'm wait and here doing things.. after taking the exhaust off I could see the heads a bit better.. both are leaking a bit more then I'd like. Oil droplets. Nothing super bad... YET!

Im pretty sure I found the head gaskets that I should be replacing them with.. so I'm not just putting the one that fail back on..

3283861206_3f3c4d3746.jpg

Now I've gotta look into how much they are and i;f I need to replace the head bolts while I'm at it. Also find out if I think I can even do this job, I'd rather not pull the motor but I've heard you don't necessarily need to do so.. just makes it easier..

I pulled mine to do the heads. I would hate to try that in the car, but I'm sure it could be done.

If you pull the engine, you can do the clutch and the heads together without touching the trans.

Subaru engine wiring rules. There are two large bulkheads for the engine wiring. The engine harness can stay attached to the motor.

I pulled my motor and got the heads off on day 1. Rebuilt the heads and got the heads back on on day two. Reinstalled and driving on day 3. I had one helper each day.

• Like 1

Have you done subaru stuff before then?

Wish I had a helper.

Hardest part it looks like 'without pulling the motor' would be getting the head bolts out.

Even more so if they are stud type head bolts.

You didn't replace your head bolts?

I've owned an svx, on which I did a manual transmission swap, and I currently own a 2005 saab 92x which is a Subaru impreza rs wagon with saab sheet metal.

I did the heads January of 2015 after the timing belt broke and destroyed the valves.

I did replace my head bolts. I think it was like $90 for the two sets. They aren't studs, but they are 12 point heads on the bolts.

• Like 1

Are they dripping oil? Or is it just seapage?

Dripping? Yes, they NEED to get done.

Seapage, meh. Monitor your oil level for 5000 miles.

Head R&R...disconnect harnesses at intake manifold.

Remove intake manifold. Remove exhaust manifold.

Remove valve covers.

Loosen head bolts.

Remove heads w/bolts staying in head during removal.

Reverse procedure to install.

It really is super simple.

Rei stalling the timing belt is the hardest part of the whole job. Trickiest, I meant.

• Like 3

That thread made my brain hurt. What a homer.

A week? If you can wait I'll do the whole job in my garage in less than a weekend.

The Subaru techs I know say they rarely ever see a head that needs machine work.

You don't need anybody's instructions. I gave you the guide above.

Man up and get after it. It's just nuts and bolts.

• Like 3

Yeahyeah.

But I would like something to relatively follow.

Are they dripping oil? Or is it just seapage?

Dripping? Yes, they NEED to get done.

Seapage, meh. Monitor your oil level for 5000 miles.

Head R&R...disconnect harnesses at intake manifold.

Remove intake manifold. Remove exhaust manifold.

Remove valve covers.

Loosen head bolts.

Remove heads w/bolts staying in head during removal.

Reverse procedure to install.

It really is super simple.

Rei stalling the timing belt is the hardest part of the whole job. Trickiest, I meant.

• Like 2