Carpet kits?

DatMo

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/12900-fs-510-carpet-kit/page__st__10

Edit: I've also seen moulded carpet kits on eBay. I have no experience with those, but they do come in more colors than what 71Dimer offers (he only does black). Neither option I listed come with carpet padding. You can pick that up from any reputable upholstery shop.

I don't know anyone who has bought them off eBay (I may just so I can get a replacement in brown) so I can't talk about quality and such. Everyone that's bought from 71 loves his kits so buy with confidence.

http://community.rat...it/page__st__10

Edit: I've also seen moulded carpet kits on eBay. I have no experience with those, but they do come in more colors than what 71Dimer offers (he only does black). Neither option I listed come with carpet padding. You can pick that up from any reputable upholstery shop.

I don't know anyone who has bought them off eBay (I may just so I can get a replacement in brown) so I can't talk about quality and such. Everyone that's bought from 71 loves his kits so buy with confidence.

thanks. do you know where he's located? he does all the kits for 68 - 69's too. correty?

Like we (and even I) explained in your other thread 68-73 are almost identical in every way excluding few differences. If it wasn't listed in that other thread then you can change them all around. The carpet is the same for any year as the physical body never changed. Just make sure of you have a 2/4/wagon you get the right one.

I believe he's located in the San Francisco area

I bought my carpet from rods discount Datsun parts pretty nice. Loop style too. That ratsun carpet kit is okay but $100 is a lot considering you can buy two rolls from Walmart for $16. I used the same shit on my last 510. Not durable but looks 10 times better than no carpet.

I bought my carpet from rods discount Datsun parts pretty nice. Loop style too. That ratsun carpet kit is okay but $100 is a lot considering you can buy two rolls from Walmart for $16. I used the same shit on my last 510. Not durable but looks 10 times better than no carpet.

from rods discount?

The $16/roll carpet from WalMart doesn't really compare to the carpet used for carpet kits.

I have 71Dimer's carpet kit in my 510 and vouch for it's fit and quality. Any carpet kit is going to require a small amount of trimming - keep that in mind.

He uses rubber backed carpet and it's really good quality. Better than the marine grade carpet you can buy at a carpet shop (say, for boat trailer decking, or the boats themselves). Probably the closest match I can find locally, however.

I like EZ-Cool insulation as padding. You can buy it at www.lubocrod.com. I used it in my 510 - works excellent, and is super light weight. It also doesn't soak up water which is nice. It's also a great heat barrier - my floors barely become warm on long trips from exhaust and radiance off the pavement. I recently drove down to Placerville, CA and drove through Redding, CA - it was 117 degrees. So hot I had to roll the windows up and couldn't lay my arms on the doors. Super hot. But my floor? Was just warm. It also makes an OK sound barrier. I sealed off the entire cabin of my 2-door with it (under backseat/rear tray, etc).

Here's a shot of the EZ-Cool laid down in my car before carpet.

_MG_9507.jpg

$100 isn't bad for a carpet kit at al. I'd shoot 71Dimer a PM and buy his if I needed another kit. I really like it. (It is cut-pile black).

Thanks for the vouch boaty. Yeah I've been lagging keeping up with my carpet kits but I will be getting some made soon. True you can make your own, I don't think thats out of the realm for many of the guys on here, but if you buy the carpet, cut it and mess it up, then you just wasted time and money, so with lots of kits made/sold (and great feedback) these are pretty damn near drop in ready (besides the shifter, seat rail, and seat belt holes that is). Plus if you're buying anything from Rod's discount parts...be prepared to pay a high premium price (no joke).

• 3 years later...

Well I'm sorry you're not happy Laecaon, but yes, wearing out is bound to happen, that's why I use (and recommend) floor mats to extend not only my carpet kits but any carpet in your Datsuns.

Even a cheap set of floor mats will cause you to never have a problem again, plus it makes cleaning it up a breeze. :)

Sure you can make your own carpet kits for less, but unless you want to hassle with the trial and error of the dimensions it's sometimes easier to avoid that hassle and guess work and buy something that you know will fit from the get go.  Just my 2 cents.  Everyone is welcomed to review my old classified thread for a string those that have bought and used my kits and thier inputs/thoughts. 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/12900-fs-510-carpet-kit-for-all-2-door-4-door-wagon/

• Like 1

I actually buy my heel pads and toe pads from these guys.

https://www.accmats.com/

The toe pad is the pad that stops friction between the carpet and the side of your foot when you press on the gas pedal.

I just call them up and order.

This is a link to their 240-80z carpet, showing both pads.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z15/onebadass280z/Mobile/IMAG1205.jpg

They're called a "small heel pad" and a "small toe pad" black, or what ever color.

Ask for Kaci Johnson. She is awesome and knows her sh!t.

• 1 month later...

I picked up 3 kits for my 2 door 510's from a fella on eBay, he go's by the name bronstreethotrods09, They are loop carpet with a pad on the driver side. I haven't used them yet but they seem good. He has a 510 and a Bluebird Coupe.

• Like 1