Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Got a spare rear crossmember so i started to clean it up and take the old bushings off. A little heat and some pounding got them right off.

BE499039-4D2E-4030-8A71-38FF37088DB6_zps

Also, got some goodies in the mail.

90C798E1-5885-4537-8C23-83BB72CB7618_zps

• Like 3

Indy is letting me borrow some wheels to test fit to see how 15x7 with 0 offset fit. they fit in the rear. i had to massage the fender a bit more but they clear with 195/45R15's. will check up front later this week.

F9C4E919-8DE3-4355-AE85-FF60298B1694_zps

FB466A91-C06C-4BC2-A351-9B58D88781CC_zps

if the fronts fit well i will be getting these in the same specs.: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsw-57rt4

and before i get flailed, this new wheel setup is for the track not DD. though i may run them to the occasional fun run/meet.

also, i ditched the 120 main jet. sucks too much balls. I've decided to go up in venturi size. 32 or maybe even 34. that will require a whole new set of jets but thats alright by me.

• Like 2

After a day of driving the DR20's appear to be rubbing on the hump on the inside of the fender well. nothing crazy, but enough to take the paint off and and leave rub marks on the tires. I will have to address this before track day.

Today I test fit the DR20's up front and they clear everything parked. However, driving around and making hard turns they do rub slightly. It's not as bad as the 195/50's I had on the snowflakes. But, I think i will step up the front springs to 300 pounders to minimize it even more.

5291AB94-3455-4118-9D79-A5422D3F806A_zps

F81FA7F6-014A-40A9-9A37-CD96C1E02D6B_zps

on a sadder note, a rock flew at my windshield on the freeway today and left me with a pretty god size chip/crack. :( I went to the local auto glass place to see if it was repairable, but they said it was too big a crack and if they tried it would most likely break the whole thing. Sooo, now i have to start saving up for a new windshield. which really sucks cause my windshield was in perfect condish.

AA761485-9B06-4EED-82D3-680E50BEAB6C_zps

• Like 2

I forgot to mention one wheel doesn't have any wheel weights on it ... they fell off, but it seemed fine for rear wheels. Does the steering wheel shake at speed now? The center caps make the wheels look WAY better .. :lol:

I noticed the missing weights. I meant to balance them but I forgot. Lol. The steering wheel does shake a little on the freeway. Now that I know they clear in will balance them and put them back on the rear. I agree about the center caps.

Just a thought on fitment.  I would get an offset that will allow you to run 205/50R15 tires.  There are a bunch of really good high performance (BFG Rivals, Dunlap Star Specs, etc) tires available in this size, and if you are really serious about track days, you can get spec Miata take offs on Ebay in this size for cheap.  Just my .02.

• Like 3

Thx duke. I'm still learning about offset and such. So far I've learned the 0 Offset wheels rubs the rear inner hump. But I think some cutting and welding will remedy that. Do u suggest 205/50's because larger tire patch?

But don't miatas have 4x100 bolt pattern?

Edit: forget the 205's question. Just re-read your post

205 is probably about as big as we need on 510s… 

those 215 I have on the 13" libres really highlight the sloppiness in the steering ….

Miatas may have a 4x100 bolt pattern but that doesn't matter.  Duke is referring to the tire size, spec miatas must runs 205/50r15, so you can get cheap slicks from them as takeoffs. Some racers will only run tires for a certain  number of sessions, and will  unload them after that even though there is still life left in the tire. Thats one of the reasons I want to run 13x7s as race wheels so that i can get the formula ford take offs. Also if there is a current and popular race group that uses that tire size, that means race tires will be available

• Like 1