my first 610

whats up everyone. i already own a 620, and so i was on a hunt for a 510 when i came across this 610 and had to have it. has an l20b 5 speed i know it needs work but not a bad start. let me know what you guys think... input

20120731_093156.jpg

20120731_110858.jpg

20120731_120145.jpg

20120731_153940.jpg

20120731_153912.jpg

20120731_153858.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how orange looks good on so many Datsuns! (including yours) L20b's make great street motors! Radiator is something other than stock, no? (I'm Used to seeing the inlet pipe on the right side of the motor as you look at it.)

Early 620s had the top rad hose like that. Looks like a newer plastic/aluminum rad. People tend to over do the rims....Those look good! SSSL18 carbs.

I imagine that's a truck or z/zx 5 speed? They will fit without shortening the driveshaft. Or is it a dogleg 5 spd?

I have 710s and damn, the 610s look so good with wood-grain on the dash. Wish the 710 had got it too.

lmao i feel exactly the same way. the orange has to go for sure im thinking of doing an olive color, and dont ask why i thought it was a 5 speed, so on my way home i decided ok lets see what she can do so 1st....2nd....3rd... nice...4th..... WHAT????? NO 5TH GEAR LOL. but still lovn it. ill b out at torrance with it this fri. was able to tune the carbs a lil better they were kinda spittn a lil bit sounds great now.

so far plans are to clean up the bay wiring is really bad "more pis soon"... I know some of u like the orange and I agree its not bad but I feel like the pumpkin king lol and paint and body not that great so.... interior great for now. I would like to do coilovers but not sure

what will fit. prob polish out wheels for now until I can find the right set..... if anyone has parts like driver fender and hood i need new

ones thx. more oics in the am.

Divisive color for sure, Orange also seems rather common for whatever reason... kinda nice to make it your own. Black on black on black is always nice for the "sinister" side of things - kinda goes with the bodylines too.

u know what thanks for telling me.... this guy had a switch from the coil to the dist and i couldn't figure out why...... it was right in front of me the whole time i just didn't think about it. i even asked myself a couple times why is the resistor there. now i can fix it. here are some of the pics of the bad wiring i was talking about, its minor but bugs the crap outta me. oh not to mention they used vacuum lines for fuel!!!!!! gotta replace those today for sure

20120801_104756.jpg

20120801_104809.jpg

20120801_104825.jpg

20120801_105445.jpg

Orange color is good. Wait and see a nice shinny orange paint job ( check out new Porsche TARGA factory orange with black wheels, no chromes.)

No bumper look is great. Unless you got the proper bumpers. These 70s Datsuns came fitted sometimes with ugly bumpers, some call them park benches. Better no bumpers than park benches.

Engine bay looks nice. Like the valve cover, shinny and nice adition to the twin S/Us.

Love the wheels. Black paint plus the orange car and you have your Porsche Targa Datsun version !

What size wheels and tires?? Looks great. Almost like a 70s NASCAR !