Siqx's Goon

Siqx20

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Learned that 710's came with a l20. Thats cool. I'm pulling all this smog pump/egr bs off this weekend prolly. Does anybody want this kind of stuff? Should I be gentle when I remove so someone can reuse? Or should I just throw it in the trash you think?

Also put a sticker on the window cause I thought it was funny.

2012-07-30_09-56-53_902.jpg

2012-07-30_12-23-53_924.jpg

She is a bleeder! holy wow there there are some leaks. o well. I did a oil change on her today, put the rack back on, cleaned the windows, and gave it a good once over before we make the 30 mile journey home on the freeway, TOMORROW!!! I get to bring her home. I'm excited. going to test fit the TSW's on there. would be awsome if they fit. If not then i will figure something else out for temporary tires. till i can wrap those 14's. I dont trust the weathered snow tires its rolling on. especially since i plan to make a 30 mile commute to work almost every day (60 miles total)

Im stoked! going to bring her out to the ratsun meet in GP this saterday and show her off :) I have so many plans for this little car.... but i have to make myself wait till the truck drives. shouldnt be toooo hard as i really miss the truck. :)

Siqx -

I am in need of an OEM Smog exhaust manifold. (with the lovely air injectors, etc...) If you are removing yours I would LOVE to have it!!! Mine has a broken pipe flange and the resulting exhaust leak is annoying to say the least. Since I will have to keep this car Cali Smogged til I can afford a Major Swap, anything you dont want along those lines has a happy home! Send me a message and I can give you my number.

well i still need the manifold as i dont have a non smog one to swap out with it. everything else smog wise is urs if u want it. u would need to pay shipping and such ofcoarse. But if all u need is the manifold i wont be able to give that up just yet. I was just going to plug the air injection ports till i swap out intake and exhaust manifolds at a later date.

So we made the 30 mile journey home this evening. That 3 speed has got to go. I had to put the pedal to the damn floor almost to do 65. Other then that she did great. Need to get some new tires before she can be a day to day driver i think. even some temps would be better then whats on there. they are old dried out winder tires. i think a couple of them might even be bias ply.... lol. I need to get some rollars on there. I need this thing ready to commute asap.

I do have some vacuum leaks at the base gasket for the carb. I have new ones on the way. hopefully get here by this weekend. I can change them out when i pull all the smog/egr b.s. out of there.

It was a blast to drive, feels good to drive a datsun again. obviously with being a 36 year old car i need to change out the usual suspects: shocks, all bushings pretty much, ball joints, tie rod ends and such.

well thats all for tonight. I will try and get some more pics tomorrow after work when im home.

Son of a Datsun Guy ........ and Cfount .... . have both used Flex-Form monoleafs on their 510 wagons: .... http://flex-form.com

links to their build threads:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/40112-autocrossstreet-handling-72-510-wagon/page__st__60

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/34610-not-quite-a-build-thread/page__st__40

I'd love a mono-leaf lowered 710 set up for handling,,,, maybe with Monroe air-shocks like Pac-coastDatsun's old wagon .... but you can make it un-driveably low with just 3" blocks and stock leafs/shocks

I'm probably going to get 2" blocks before I drive my wagon .... .. the rear diff. was hitting the rubber bump-stop before I removed it,, stock leafs are SOFT

THINKOUTSIDETHEBOX710 .. said he used 3" blocks and Monroe air shocks.... same as Greengoon/Pac-coastDatsun used ... (I think) .. not shure

Dont get mad at this comment because it is posted with love ,,,, not haten ,, Braten

BUT,,dont you already have a half bagged yard ornament.?? Just enjoy the dang thing for a bit bro. Maybe add a rear block and lower the front springs down the struts, , i little bit ....for now..while you gather all your manual change over parts..

I know your name is spelled with a D it just didn`t sound as good.

well i still need the manifold as i dont have a non smog one to swap out with it. everything else smog wise is urs if u want it. u would need to pay shipping and such ofcoarse. But if all u need is the manifold i wont be able to give that up just yet. I was just going to plug the air injection ports till i swap out intake and exhaust manifolds at a later date.

Hmn. Yea - the mani is the part for me to get excited about. Oddly enough all of the damn smoggie sh*t on my wagon is workin' fine other than the flange. i am still waiting on the guys giving me the "parts" coupe to pull the motor out of it. I will get in touch and find out if they are taking the Exhaust Mani too... if not I would be more than down to trade, (its a 75...no smog)

If that works Out I would probly take all the other bits so long as the shipping doesnt get too outta hand. If you are going to toss the bits this week or something i would need to see if I have the $50 or so I imagine it would take to get them shipped.

And ... O yea ... if its any consolation to 'ya my 4 speed doesn't really do much other than idle unless the pedal is to the floor too, top speed thus far has been 75, anything over 65 is sketchy (needs tires too) Uphill (and by hill i mean even a gentle slope) i steadily lose speed til about 55 or so. where the powerband is happiest to sit and chug along.

Dont get mad at this comment because it is posted with love ,,,, not haten ,, Braten

BUT,,dont you already have a half bagged yard ornament.?? Just enjoy the dang thing for a bit bro. Maybe add a rear block and lower the front springs down the struts, , i little bit ....for now..while you gather all your manual change over parts..

I know your name is spelled with a D it just didn`t sound as good.

haha yeah i wont be doing anything but driving the wagon till my truck is done. which has been coming along little by little as of late. I just like to fantisize. sorry for sharing :P haha

Oh no, you need not worry. I won't let him bag the 710. I don't wanna see another Datsun in pieces scattered across Grants Pass and hanging on the walls of his garage. Ever. Again. He's my only local Datsun buddy and God Damnit he's going to have a Datsun that runs and drives one way or another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

<3

• Like 3

I am actually ushering him right along in that department. He's going to be getting rid of the wheels he has right now as rollers tonight, so he can put the ralley's on the truck ASAP.

Win-Win. One less set of 'parts' laying on the floor waiting for a nice day. It all works out in the end.

I'm expecting the truck to be back on the road before winter time sets in so he better get CHOP CHOP about it. Right, Brown?

Win-Win. One less set of 'parts' laying on the floor waiting for a nice day. It all works out in the end.

true... i was thinking the samething inmy shop the other day ... put some shit together or generally finished a few looseends all of the sudden i had almost a full spot cleaned out...and some shit done.... so im not one to talk

well..... umm.... yeah.....

couple new things i guess. I removed the muffler as it wasnt attached to the exhaust and it was held up by chain so it rattled and squeaked everywhere and it was annoying as all hell. I will put a new exhaust on it eventually. I want it to be a quite smooth DD eventually.

I threw some 14's on the rear of it to eliminate the bias ply tires. They are only temp wheels and tires till cody brings up those aluminum wheels up on the 19th. I think i am going to run 195/60R14's maybe 65 series im not sure yet. Im going to wash her and give her a vacuum cause i just hauled wheels back and forth and sold another set to boaty's brother for his 620. $$$$ These things make great parts haulers!

Dont worry jrock i love the rally's they will go on soon. Im only worried im not going to be able to tuck them under the fenders when i air out. once i have the fenders back on i will check. If they look amazing i might narrow my axle to fit them. that has yet to be decided tho.

On another note. I think i do like 510 wagons more then 710's. I think thats everyone tho. having said that i just need to slam it one day and maybe put a sweet air dam on it or something. I

What are ppl doing about these god awfull bumpers? i know alot of ppl just take them off. has anyone ever tried mounting 510 bumpers on there? I know u would have to modify the mounts some.

also what is this wing??? I love it!!!

IMGP0473.jpg

I will get pics of wendy (thats her name) after her bath and clean up. maybe some interior shots finally. be back shortly