Siqx's Goon

Siqx20

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

points do suck but i cant knock them to much i converted the subi to electronic then the pickup in the dizzy died i was faced with a choice 200+ bucks for a new pickup or 10 bucks for a set of points and condenser. take a guess at what way i went

well i still need the manifold as i dont have a non smog one to swap out with it. everything else smog wise is urs if u want it. u would need to pay shipping and such ofcoarse. But if all u need is the manifold i wont be able to give that up just yet. I was just going to plug the air injection ports till i swap out intake and exhaust manifolds at a later date.

Dammit - forgot abut this for a bit. (sorry Siqx) Im not sure what the weight of all that sh*t is... or what smog parts are still available to purch, but if its not heavy, and not really available anymore, I should probly fork over the $$ just in case.

My smog setup passed in Feb. Given that I hate it, it will probably continue working forever. Mani Flange is broken @ midpipe and that will need to be replaced b4 feb 2014.

(or I could attempt an epic fail of a motor swap...)

My current solution involves pulling the L20b for better purposes, and installing an L16 mule motor. , maybe with an L18 crank cuz the pulley key is broken on the L16 crank. I have a U67 head and several spare cams... so possibly a little lo-comp performance under a lot of smog crap is possible.

I do have an older square port smog header, which is preferable to the roundie on my 77.... so I may try a conversion to a smaller motor with a better intake/exhaust. Should fly thru smog without the pump and shit really doing much other than being there for the tech to see... and at the same time give MORE pep than the L20b is currently capable of in its slowly dying form. (a lawnmower motor could probably be a step up at this point)

• 3 weeks later...