Siqx's Goon

Siqx20

Good news! I have a buddy who paints cars in his free time. Said if i wanted to buy supplies and paint he would help me prep and spray down a single stage for pretty much nothin. Woot! Paint is in the wagons future. Gonna stick with white i think. I want ti try and find some straighter fenders first tho.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never gave owning a 710 much thought untill I came across my coupe,

but the one thing I always thought was cool as hell on em.....

the dash. first time I got in Jessis goon like 2 years ago it was the first thing I noticed.

and i was like fuck, that dash is coooool

lol that pics an inside joke :rofl:

Lol!

All in good fun Brown! Its your turn to take it. Hurry up and get the truck done first. Then you can get both painted at the same time.

truck > narwhals

well i fitted some new wheels. 14x6 i like them . going to be be ordering some tires today or tomorrow. going with 195/60 14. also pulled my grill and hit it with some steel wool and gave it a fresh coat ofthe black. i still need to polish all the trim then it will go back on.

2012-08-24_18-08-36_529.jpg

2012-08-24_18-08-15_761.jpg

2012-08-25_16-55-07_364.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Give your very cool wagon some justice. Go to a park, have a picnic, use that "park bench" bumper for the occassion ( display your ketchup, mustard, sodas and the like ) on it while sitting on it with your significant other and after the outing, unbolt it from the car and leave it there, donate it to the park. Your wagon will appreciate it , it will lose 100lbs of fat. It is like having a nice child with awfull teeth. You have to take him to the dentist. Physically and psychologically that kid will appreciate the work. Your wagon will appreciate it performance wise ( less weght ) and physically it will look like a million bucks ahead !

2012-08-25_16-55-07_364.jpg

• Like 1

I have to have a front bump by law... I agree its ugly. it will prolly stay until I can find something to replace it with. Thanks for the story tho. I still need to clean all the metal trim for the grill and reinstall. Its on the to do list.

I have to have a front bump by law... I agree its ugly. it will prolly stay until I can find something to replace it with. Thanks for the story tho. I still need to clean all the metal trim for the grill and reinstall. Its on the to do list.

What law is that? I have searched for a few hours in Oregon Law, and never came up with anything conclusive. Just "bumper has to be certain height from ground" not that you had to have a bumper. I ran around for some time without one, and never got pulled over, didnt even have a front plate (which I know is illegal, I did have 3 cops pull U-turns after me, but then I guess they saw my well illuminated rear plate and gave up).

I've gotten pulled over for not having a front bumper before like almost 2 years ago, but the cop was more concerned why my front plate wasn't on the front. All I said was my car got hit a while back which is true and my bumper doesn't fit anymore until I can get it to a body shop. Basically told me not to drive it told him it was my only car and it's my daily driver so it wasn't gonna happen.

So...... thinking about lowering it... i keep seeing these 710 goons all low and it makes me jelly. I understand the rear is drop blocks, i have some 3" blocks which i would use. I hear camaro shocks are shorter and work better? Any info on that? Also how are ppl lowering the front on the cheap? Im not racing this thing. Just driving it. So i dont much care for the high dollar performance way. Just something that doesnt ride like complete ass hole. And doesnt cost alot... cause im just starting a new job so im a little tight.

Your posts are always so insightful jrock. Lol im glad u keep up on most every thread on ratsun. Do you have a job? Lol jk. Well im thinking about it. Just depends on what it takes to lower the front just short of a bunch of money lol

Aint much to see haha its a bare frame with a axle 4 linked in place with some ralleys hanging from it :P. Unfortunatley not alot going to happen to the truck for a while. Not having a real place to live and all. Its sitting in a storage locker. Life is good at fucking shit up sometimes. As soon as i have sonething to show on it i will update witg pics :)