• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Already time to make changes

20130619_110904_resized_zps67d82974.jpg

Ended up pulling these struts so we could use them on Jobie's Mellow Yellow car, The struts were to tall on his car and he had no spring travel make for a fucked up ride.

Also we wanted to up grade to ZX anyway

Also figured I would pick up some 15s and ditch the 14s on the front, I do like the little rims but don't like the huge tires

• 3 weeks later...

WOW with work and reconstruction in the shop, shit is at a stand still.

But there is a fun run coming up and I decided to put in a long day. First work.

Once home and dinner was out of the way, I was off to the shop.

First grab up some 280zx struts, then gut them. Once cleaned and ready, I cut a few inches from each tube.

Some welding, and painting and shortened 280zx struts. I don't remember off hand how many inches I took out. But there short.

20130709_205618_resized_zpsee8c6c70.jpg

20130709_211720_resized_zpse1c6911b.jpg

20130709_212819_resized_zps3d2c569f.jpg

20130709_222300_resized_1_zpsabe2f315.jp

Funny thing one of the 280zx struts I used. Is one that the top treads got butchered, So I cut the top of a 510 strut tube off and used it.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

New inserts (84 rabbit), and camber plates

20130715_183834_resized_zpscae33bca.jpg

Are those the universal camber plates from eBay? If so, have you used them before and are you pretty satisfied with them? Also, can I tell people we're friends?

James isn't your friend, pal.  :sneaky:

JK!  James you went SHORT with those struts!  I approve.  Car looks sick.  I've been crazy busy between work and school, and I always think about trying to take a day off to come to the Friday meets....  One day...

Are those the universal camber plates from eBay? If so, have you used them before and are you pretty satisfied with them? Also, can I tell people we're friends?

Ebay special Baby, $80

I think, if you look harder you can get them cheaper.

they seem to work. I only have about 3 hours of driving on them.  T3 is really the way to go, but I had a crap set on my Coupe and figured these could not be any worse.

I did install T3 on Rusty Coupe once I started putting it back together.

One of the easiest paint jobs yet, now I want to do a goon, 2 door all exposed welds etc etc

James isn't your friend, pal.  :sneaky:

JK!  James you went SHORT with those struts!  I approve.  Car looks sick.  I've been crazy busy between work and school, and I always think about trying to take a day off to come to the Friday meets....  One day...

Shawnaken Skywalker, we need you, 24 cars last Friday night and 40+ people

Thanks everbody