WOW! "Barn find" custom 1973 620, hidden away since 1978!

MOODSTER

My bro Derek and I scooped this up yesterday.It is a time capsule. I'll throw the photo's out and give the details later.I will tell you that this was a one owner truck with less than 43000 miles and was being converted to a Buick 231 V-6. It has been stored in a garage since 1978.many of the custom parts like the Flex thru window and dual sunroof had never been on the road. This is the roots of mini truckin. Enjoy!

Oh, in the last photo you will see the warranty card. The owner lived on Moody street. My last name is Moody.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations ! !

Now this is what I am talking about. There HAS TO BE more of these trucks resting in someone's garage. This truck is a prime example. LeVan flex thru window, Imaginary Glass front wrapkit flares and spoiler, Western Cyclone1 rims. An incredible find. Hope to see this truck completed "as is" one day.

Keep looking and tracking down those leads, this shows You CAN find a vintage truck ! !

change nothing! finish it the way it would have been finished. the only thing that would look good might be a bit of something on that tailgate and of course a rear bumper to match the front. awesome truck. i thought i saw some amc stuff, door handles too maybe?

You seem to get a lot of custom trucks from Bo Derek, I mean what does she know about custom trucks?

HA! You must be at least our age ( late forties) or older to even know who Bo Derek even is.

Why do people send me E-mails and PM'S asking if I will sell parts off of this truck? Would a geologist who digs up a rare dinosaur skeleton sell just the skull or a femur? Jeez?

dino.jpg

For anyone else that's curious-- Yes, I'll sell the Flexthru rear window.It's like brand new, never seen the road. Price ----$1000.00 CASH! Let's see who is interested now!

That means that there are only 3 in existance, I have the third. Wonder if I will now get Flex-Thru requests? Oh, and I'll one up Moodys offer..... for $1000.00 You also get an origional all color sales brochure in mint condition (I have 3 of those) ! ! !

Awesome find! Looks like AMC door handles. Does it have the v6 in it? Keep us posted. Brad

Yup, Buick 231.It was never finished( drive train and steering) I have the never installed Hooker Headers that were purchased in 1977! Will you be at the BBQ again this year? I may have my stepson roll it out for display on my trailer.It is a time capsule!