1969 Datsun Bluebird Coupe SR20 Build

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Here's a picture of mine so you can get an idea. Mine is above the steering box as it's left hand drive. If you have a coupe, I'm assuming that yours is right hand drive?

470818_3634910242974_726914308_o.jpg

that is a 240SX master cylinder. Why would you put that on? You have to change the bolt pattern and besides, the stock 510 master cylinder is the same size bore.

Lol 8.5j -8 :))))

Nice Ryuji!

Are those longchamps B-type? Could you measure the outer lip when you have a minute? I wanted to go to a 8.5 or 9j on the rear of my wagon but I know A-type will not clear. My 8j A-type is already tight.

I like the motocompo in the background too!

Looking forward to seeing this around the hood!

that is a 240SX master cylinder. Why would you put that on? You have to change the bolt pattern and besides, the stock 510 master cylinder is the same size bore.

Because mine had an automatic V8 in it when I got it and it (clutch master cyclinder) was totally fuxor'd from being used for rear brakes by the fucktard i bought my car from. I got that one for like $19 picked up and it helped a friend out that needed money who sells new parts.

Because mine had an automatic V8 in it when I got it and it (clutch master cyclinder) was totally fuxor'd from being used for rear brakes by the fucktard i bought my car from. I got that one for like $19 picked up and it helped a friend out that needed money who sells new parts.

The PO did a wonderful job on your 510.

Nice Ryuji!

Are those longchamps B-type? Could you measure the outer lip when you have a minute? I wanted to go to a 8.5 or 9j on the rear of my wagon but I know A-type will not clear. My 8j A-type is already tight.

I like the motocompo in the background too!

Looking forward to seeing this around the hood!

jun wadduuupppppp where the hell have you been? dont go to the innout meet anymore?

and ya ill let you know about the rims when i have time. idk when this things gonna be done im starting on my body work soon.

• 2 weeks later...

How much do they usually go for? I don't know what the asking price should be...

depending on the condition. I have seen them go in the range of 1,000.00 to 2,500.00. 1k will be in fair condition and a while ago and 2.5k being new. Yours are a little rough (from the only pic I have seen on your build so far) so I would ask 1200.00, you will get the most out of them on ebay but then you have the crazy fees and the double dipping paypal fees, if you go that route.

jun wadduuupppppp where the hell have you been? dont go to the innout meet anymore?

and ya ill let you know about the rims when i have time. idk when this things gonna be done im starting on my body work soon.

Yeah been hiding out...just busy with life and all. Haven't been to the Toreance meet in ages. I'm really looking forward to seeing your coupe sometime. If you're headed to JCCS I'll see you there!

I am pretty much just a 620 guy when it comes to Datsuns.. But I really like these coupes. I have a buddy that is doing one right now, right hand steer and all the goodies.. Cant wait to see it down.. Trying to make it ready for JCCS 2013.. That is a full year....

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Holy thread revival....I bought this coupe and the time has come to give you guys closure. I will be posting pics soon and I promise she is in good hands. I've been working on her for about 3 days and man what an uphill battle. I've built cars from the ground up and I knew what I was getting into when I got her. She was in quite a sad shape but is now on the up and up. I'll move this over to a new thread soon....to be continued

• Like 2

Nah I've only had her for maybe a year. I was finishing up my other 510 and at the same accumulating those hard to find parts to begin the coupe. Aside from everyone local to me wanting their projects done, so I am in a bit of a work load lull and decided now is as good a time as any. I need to get a chance to sit down and upload pics. This last weekend and past couple days I've already eliminated so many problems and rust from this old bird. I'm happy with the progress as its over due and if she sat another few years in Japan they could have sent it over in a zip lock bag. Its OK though I eat rust for breakfast.