1969 Datsun Bluebird Coupe SR20 Build

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice build so far mang

lol, dave from experimental engineering brought up that chevy mount on the bluebirds list and doesnt know how someone came up with it. it was designed to accept a 280zx tranny mount.

isnt that a t5 trans? A gm t5 trans so gm mounts sound right.

You can hit 300 with basic bolt ons and a good tune. Pick up an s15 or s14 ball bearing turbo for a couple hundred dollars, a front mount intercooler, pay for an enthalpy tune with a z32 maf and bump the boost up to 15 psi. You're done. It's been verified with dynos all over zilvia.net and other websites :) Way cheaper (and safer) than purchasing a 2876. Plus you'll get more lag on that turbo

• Like 1

Pay to have it dyno tuned by an experienced sr tuner. The sr is very sensitive to timing in the boost transition area and a good tuner on a load dyno can get the spool up much lower in the rpm band. Buying an off the shelf tune is cutting corners and wasting money. If you can't afford to pay for a real tune then you can't afford a turbo IMHO!

Josh-

• Like 1

im taking my car to a legit guy that has built the fastest SR one stock internals for the west coast. He has a RB26 Hako thats should be ready by Jccs and has had 10+ 510's. Im taking my car to him to tune mine. He tuned my buddies SR 510 with 370 whp and it pulls soo good.

im taking my car to a legit guy that has built the fastest SR one stock internals for the west coast. He has a RB26 Hako thats should be ready by Jccs and has had 10+ 510's. Im taking my car to him to tune mine. He tuned my buddies SR 510 with 370 whp and it pulls soo good.

Glad to hear! You'll be much happier then an e-mance tune.... :thumbup: