1969 Datsun Bluebird Coupe SR20 Build

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you buy a new turbo, just make sure it has a t3 flange on it. I know at atpturbo.com you can order your own custom turbo setup. Try to stick with a Garrett GT turbo, they last longer because of the oiling and coolant lines. You could even go with a T30 if you wanted to, spooling is around 400 rpms higher with a T series turbo over a GT (gt = ballbearings and t = a journal bearing).

With that extra cooling you really do not have to run a turbo timer.

go with a 3071 if you are wanting to keep it mild and never want to go above 480hp. 3076 is good for 525hp. If you have the money go for the GT series turbos. GTX is cool but I think they might have a lagier spool up since the compressor wheel is larger than the equivalent GT series turbo. It may offset the difference since it does have dual ball bearings.

The HTA (twin scroll) is an awesome turbo but it all depends on the HP numbers you want. If you want to stay below 350hp and never go above it then I say go for the GT2860RS and you will have almost instant spool. A 510 with 300hp is insane, it is the equivalent to a 600hp 4,000lbs car or a 500hp Corvette.

The gt2871r is good up to 400 and imo is better than the gt2860rs for tge sr

2871 is a great turbo, 2860 will spool up at least 400 rpms sooner. Too many variants can come into play with turbo discussions. I was going to run a GT2860RS but then I thought, I will be pegged out at 350hp. I then thought what if I one day wanted a little more so that is why I am going with the GTX3071 or GT3071, havent made up my mind yet.

What is your budget for just the turbo? Since you are running the peakboost manifold you are going to have provisions for an external wastegate. Are you going to block off the wastegate port? or are you going to run an external? I would run a vbands since you are getting the peakboost. Tail makes a nice stainless steel vband turbine housing. One day this is the route I wanted to go. If the sky is the limit, GTX3071, Tial vband turbine housing, Tial wastegate. GTX turbo supposedly spool up at least 400rpm's faster than a GT3071 but the new GT3071's supposedly spool up 1k rpm's faster than older versions. So hopefully the GTX spools up 400rpms faster than the new GT3071's.

What engine management are you going to be running? Also what size injectors? Might as well go to a MAP sensor and ditch the MAF. I think the AEM would be best since you can program the basic parameters in just to get this beast running and then take it to a competent tuner. I wouldnt want to touch the ECU, those take some serious experience to dial in.

What is your budget for just the turbo? Since you are running the peakboost manifold you are going to have provisions for an external wastegate. Are you going to block off the wastegate port? or are you going to run an external? I would run a vbands since you are getting the peakboost. Tail makes a nice stainless steel vband turbine housing. One day this is the route I wanted to go. If the sky is the limit, GTX3071, Tial vband turbine housing, Tial wastegate. GTX turbo supposedly spool up at least 400rpm's faster than a GT3071 but the new GT3071's supposedly spool up 1k rpm's faster than older versions. So hopefully the GTX spools up 400rpms faster than the new GT3071's.

What engine management are you going to be running? Also what size injectors? Might as well go to a MAP sensor and ditch the MAF. I think the AEM would be best since you can program the basic parameters in just to get this beast running and then take it to a competent tuner. I wouldnt want to touch the ECU, those take some serious experience to dial in.

of course i wanna spend less but in this section of the motor i dont wanna spend less nd screw myself over later. im probably going with the gt3071 550 injectors. in order to ditch te MAF i need a ECU that deletes them correct? apexi power fc? and ya im going to have one of the profesionals deal with that stuff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27834450@N08/5508446022/

this is the turbo manifold i might buy off a fellow member in the realm.

of course i wanna spend less but in this section of the motor i dont wanna spend less nd screw myself over later. im probably going with the gt3071 550 injectors. in order to ditch te MAF i need a ECU that deletes them correct? apexi power fc? and ya im going to have one of the profesionals deal with that stuff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27834450@N08/5508446022/

this is the turbo manifold i might buy off a fellow member in the realm.

/

I think the power fc does, you would need to buy a map sensor if you want to do a maf delete. That manifold would be close as hell to the brake master, luckily you are RHD. Does it come with the wastegate?