1969 Datsun Bluebird Coupe SR20 Build

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noob question how do you quote what im saying and post about it?

There is a quote button in the bottom right of what the person said -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------below

Running ZX front struts will help fit the wheels as well. Be careful rolling the rears. There is a support for the quarter pannel center above the wheel arch. If you get to aggressive with a fender roller it will make a vertical crease up the quarter pannel. If its remover or if you make a releaf cut you will not damage the quarter as easily. Be careful and pay attention to the quarter pannel. The brace goes almost all the way to the vent.

why didnt i see this thread sooner!

ok first off i got dibs on the set of SSR's you have on your car now when you replace them with the other set of longchamps :-)

i picked up a set of urethan motor mounts from McKinney at the last Eagle Rock for $60 so i couldent pass them up lol. ill tell you how stiff they are once the car gets running. I have heard that the urethan on the McKinney mounts sometimes split so thats one thing i will be monitoring closely...

I got the VG30 trans mount with the Z isolator and i didnt know that it wasnt a bolt in affair. it was off by about 3/4 or an inch so i just made new holes bolted them in place like so ( you can kind of see the bolts in the background the)

http://s22.photobuck...nt=8eb29019.jpg

As you can see in the pick, when you put in the SR you will need to cut out some of the tunnel to fit the trans in

I also have the willwood set up and only thing you need there is an adapter to go from the bradded lines to the stock hard line

Any questions hit me up and i pretty much post up everything in my thread so you can read thru that if you want lol. Awesome looking car man cant wait to see it in actions. Are you in Torrance CA?

Icehouse I'm kinda lost in what you just explained do you have a pic maybe? And ya a lot faster assembly lol cheaper too

Oh and ZX struts suck in the hubs about 3/4 of an inch so you can get much cooler offsets to fit. My set up now didnt work on stock struts but once the ZX we installed it fit like a charm with a little fender rolling. im only 15x7 0 offset tho

why didnt i see this thread sooner!

ok first off i got dibs on the set of SSR's you have on your car now when you replace them with the other set of longchamps :-)

i picked up a set of urethan motor mounts from McKinney at the last Eagle Rock for $60 so i couldent pass them up lol. ill tell you how stiff they are once the car gets running. I have heard that the urethan on the McKinney mounts sometimes split so thats one thing i will be monitoring closely...

I got the VG30 trans mount with the Z isolator and i didnt know that it wasnt a bolt in affair. it was off by about 3/4 or an inch so i just made new holes bolted them in place like so ( you can kind of see the bolts in the background the)

http://s22.photobuck...nt=8eb29019.jpg

As you can see in the pick, when you put in the SR you will need to cut out some of the tunnel to fit the trans in

I also have the willwood set up and only thing you need there is an adapter to go from the bradded lines to the stock hard line

Any questions hit me up and i pretty much post up everything in my thread so you can read thru that if you want lol. Awesome looking car man cant wait to see it in actions. Are you in Torrance CA?

ya im in torrance CA and forsure i wont be needing these longchamps cuz im getting new ones so your the firsty

Oh and ZX struts suck in the hubs about 3/4 of an inch so you can get much cooler offsets to fit. My set up now didnt work on stock struts but once the ZX we installed it fit like a charm with a little fender rolling. im only 15x7 0 offset tho

15x7 0offset didnt fit with the stock 510 struts?

nippon, get ready to stretch the rear, Im running 15x8 -12 in the front and 15x8.5 -12 in the rear 15/195/50 for tires all the way around, I havent cambered the rears, but they currently stick out about 1/2" and when it bottoms out it hit the lip (and yes it is rolled).

487EADCB.jpg

• Like 1

nippon, get ready to stretch the rear, Im running 15x8 -12 in the front and 15x8.5 -12 in the rear 15/195/50 for tires all the way around, I havent cambered the rears, but they currently stick out about 1/2" and when it bottoms out it hit the lip (and yes it is rolled).

487EADCB.jpg

what set up are you running in the front i was gonna go a lot thinner for the front but it looks pretty good.

im also 4 millimeters thinner for the rears wht do you think?

using 280zx struts with MR2 inserts(with spacers), Cuzco, they are cambered all the way, the bad things about my set up is that they welded the collar to high so that is the lowest it will go. But i will be changing to a Megan coilovers on a 280zx strut so i can get it dropped more.

4mm is a littlee over 1/8" so you will still have 3/8 or so stick out. hope once I camber the rear I can lower it more

Originally came with 13 Watanabes, with balloons as tires. I found my set of ssr rs8 because I liked the watanabe look, for some reason they sat in the garage and never got installed, then I found my ssr long champs and they went on as soon as I got them, just happend that way. The longchamps where and ok offset 15x7 +10 (f) and 15x7.5 +10, and I started looking for something more agressive. And a friends friend hathree mk3 new in the box for great price so I couldn't pass them up.

No more spending money on wheels, until I finish my new motor

Originally came with 13 Watanabes, with balloons as tires. I found my set of ssr rs8 because I liked the watanabe look, for some reason they sat in the garage and never got installed, then I found my ssr long champs and they went on as soon as I got them, just happend that way. The longchamps where and ok offset 15x7 +10 (f) and 15x7.5 +10, and I started looking for something more agressive. And a friends friend hathree mk3 new in the box for great price so I couldn't pass them up.

No more spending money on wheels, until I finish my new motor

Georgeous Coupe!

Let me know if you have a lead on another grill like that. Mine is damaged.

--carter