1969 Datsun Bluebird Coupe SR20 Build

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you Cali guys want the best tuning hands down.. Contact Greg & Seb at Specialty Z (SpecialtyZ.com)

These guys travel north america tuning. They are magicians! They do only the most top quality work and will blow your mind with their knowledge. Seriously worth every penny and mile you drive to their shop.

I have a question for the experienced Sr swappers I was wondering is it easier to have the wiring of the Sr and the 510 out of the car when I mock up the motor? Lmk thanks guys.

depends on if you are going to modify the wiring. SR's are basic as far as wiring is concerned. They do not have an great amount of sensors and they are quite simple. If you are going to modify you wiring harness then mock it up while its out. For as easy it is, it is even easier to wire it up while it is outside of the 510, but doing it while it is inside the 510 is pretty simple too.

You should leave the SR wiring harness completely intact. The 510 and SR harness will only connect for 4/5 wires, which are power wires for the SR wiring harness.

Here's a link to an awesome write up: http://www.frsport.com/SR20DET-Swap-Engine-Harness-Wiring-Diagram-Guide-SR-SR20_t_26.html

Heres a 510 diagram: http://www.objext.com/wiring_diagram.jpg

You just need to worry about the SR harness colors and hooking them up to the proper switched or constant power.

You basically need 3 relays.

1) Ignition power

2) Fuel Pump

3) ECU Power

Run the signal wire for all 3 relays off the ign ON & Start from your ignition switch. You can't just run the ON because when you crank the starter your ECU won't have power which causes no spark/fuel to be put in while cranking. Just a heads up.

I pulled mine because the wiring sucks. If you're not having problems I wouldn't worry about it. My wiring was frayed all over so it would short all the time. There are plenty of aftermarket wiring harnesses available for classic cars that have enough circuits to run everything you want for like $100

I pulled mine because the wiring sucks. If you're not having problems I wouldn't worry about it. My wiring was frayed all over so it would short all the time. There are plenty of aftermarket wiring harnesses available for classic cars that have enough circuits to run everything you want for like $100

i seeeee im probably gonna pull mine too that way i wont have to fix it after im done...

Go to autozone and buy a 25 foot roll of bendable brake line 5/16, You can do external walbro but need to enlarge the feed line on the tank or buy a 240sx gas tank with pump and cut it out and weld it into the 510 tank and use a walbro internal tank pump.

Autozone/Pepboys has the FSM for sale as special order from Haynes. It's not perfect and its kind of general but it has some info in it like that that is pretty helpful as well as full wiring diagrams and stuff.

I THINK its 5/16 or 3/8